Phone Directory

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

My business is looking at moving away from our current BT subscription. We currently use the BT One Phone Portal as a directory for our users. 

Is there a way to upload these numbers into Intune and for Intune to be kept up to date date, i.e. syncing so that if a number is updated on Intune on the back office, this will reflect on the users' device?

Many Thanks in advance for any help

Nathan

4 Replies
I think this is not an Intune thing, but the answer is the same. If it's about sharing numbers for internal users? You could store those in portal.azure.com/users or in Exchange Online (If you use it), perhaps Delve for more information.
My @NathanReynolds,

Can you explain a little bit more what you want to achieve.

If you want to know which mobile number is used on a mobile device, you have to enroll your mobile devices in Intune as a corporate device and then Intune will inventory the mobile number and report it on the device page.

Please let me know if I answered your question.

Kind regards,

René
Thanks both,

That all makes sense, currently devices are enrolled on Intune but it doesn't look like the numbers are being stored anywhere (perhaps because we use the BT Subscription service?)

Is there a way that the end user can then view all listed phone numbers on their mobile devices, and if a number is updated on Intune will that sync to the device?
This will be the best way to go about it. Upload numbers to Exchange online and somehow sync the GAL on each managed mobile device.
Alternatively, create a simple REST web service and get your managed devices subscribe to it.