PDF gets corrupted after adding signature in Adober Reader for Intune on iOS

Iron Contributor

Hi All,

We are using Intune for MDM and MAM for our iOS and Android devices. With Intune we push several applications including Outlook and Adobe Reader for Intune. When we add a signature to a PDF file on the mobile device and send it through the Outlook app, we can't open it on our Windows devices.

Adobe Reader states that file has been corrupted and cannot be repaired. When we try it through OWA, we receive the message that the file header doesn't start with %PDF. We are using Exchange Online as our email services.

We've tried the suggested solution in the following link (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/pdf-error-1015-11001-update.html) but that doesn't solve the issue.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Ruud Gijsbers

4 Replies

I'm not following why you think this is an MDM or MAM problem, can you add more details as you why you think it is an MDM  or MAM issue? 

I'm not following why you think this is an MDM or MAM problem, can you add more details as you why you think it is an MDM  or MAM issue? 

Hi Garth,

Thanks for your response. You already helped me with your question. To be honest, this question was placed in a hurry. The reason why i think/thought it has someting to do with MAM, is because this problem doesn't occur with the normal Adobe Reader app (With or without Intune enrollment). And the only other thing I could think of, would be that it has something to do with Application Protection Policies.

We have an application protection policy in place for Office applications and Adobe Reader for Intune with the following settings

Data Relocation

Prevent iTunes and iCloud backups

Yes

Allow app to transfer data to other apps

Policy managed apps

Allow app to receive data from other apps

Policy managed apps

Prevent “Save As”

Yes; OneDrive for Business, SharePoint

Restrict cut, copy, and paste with other apps

Policy managed apps with paste in

Restrict web content to display in the Managed Browser

No

Encrypt app data

When device is locked

Disable contacts sync

No

Disable printing

No

Access

Require PIN for access

Yes

Select type

Numeric

Number of attempt before PIN reset

Allow Simple PIN

No

PIN Length

Allow fingerprint instead of PIN (iOS 8+)

Yes

Allow facial recognition instead of PIN (iOS 11+)

Yes

Disable app PIN when device PIN is managed

No

Require corporate credentials for access

No

Block managed apps from running on jailbroken or rooted devices

Yes

Recheck the access requirements after (minutes)

Timeout: 30

Offline grace period: 1080

Offline interval (days) before app data is wiped

Require minimum iOS Operating System

Yes

Require minimum iOS operating system

Require minimum iOS operating system (Warning only)

No

Require minimum app version

No

Require minimum app version (Warning only)

No

Require minimum Intune app protection policy SDK version

No

I'm going to test if the problem also arises when the policy isn't in place. I'll post the outcome here. Thanks for now.

Hi Garth,

Eventually it wasn't MAM or MDM related. It looks like it had to do with something the end-user did wrong. After some testing, it worked for several test accounts.

Best regards,

Ruud Gijsbers