SOLVED

OneDrive Wont Sync Correctly When Configured Through Intune

Copper Contributor

I have recently converted my org over to MDM through Intune. We wanted to make things as easy as possible, so we wiped all the machines with a fresh start and setup OneDrive to auto sign in and silently move Desktop, Documents, and Pictures over to OneDrive locations, to seamlessly migrate their computer setups after the wipe. There might have been 3 policies in Intune's Settings Catalogue that were used to achieve this, documented across the web. OneDrive is preinstalled on windows, but we installed Office 365 through Intune.

Prior to the Intune migration, we had no syncing issues. Now that we've migrated, files in OneDrive locations to don't save as expected. When you open an excel/word/ppt file in a OneDrive location, autosave is off. If you turn autosave on you are prompted to select a OneDrive account.

djk47463_0-1677174420513.png

When you select the account, it will save the file to the root OneDrive folder and NOT the folder the file is currently saved in. This is a consistent issues for our user who local sync SharePoint sites and who coedit because it is impossible to do anymore with local sync. This never happened, before we moved over to Intune. I have to imagine, there is one magical setting, that I flip the switch on and this will all work as expected, please help me find the switch.

2 Replies

@djk47463 

Did you manage to find a solution for this? I am currently experiencing a similar OneDrive issue with one user, despite all devices using the same autopilot profile they are the only one facing the issue. 

best response confirmed by djk47463 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@caoimhe_S, for reasons I don't understand, resetting OneDrive via PowerShell resolved this issue. We deployed a proactive remediation to ensure everyone's computer reset OneDrive once after initial boot. The code below just resets OneDrive depending on the install location. Hope this helps.

try {
    & $env:LOCALAPPDATA"\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe" /reset
}
catch {
    Write-Output "App Data Fail"
}

try {
    & "C:\Program Files\Microsoft OneDrive\onedrive.exe" /reset
}
catch {
    Write-Output "Program Files Fail"
}

try {
    & ":\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft OneDrive\onedrive.exe" /reset
}

catch {
    Write-Output "Program Files x86 Fail"
}

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by djk47463 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@caoimhe_S, for reasons I don't understand, resetting OneDrive via PowerShell resolved this issue. We deployed a proactive remediation to ensure everyone's computer reset OneDrive once after initial boot. The code below just resets OneDrive depending on the install location. Hope this helps.

try {
    & $env:LOCALAPPDATA"\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe" /reset
}
catch {
    Write-Output "App Data Fail"
}

try {
    & "C:\Program Files\Microsoft OneDrive\onedrive.exe" /reset
}
catch {
    Write-Output "Program Files Fail"
}