SOLVED

Meraki VPN L2TP with Preshared key in Intune

Copper Contributor

Is there any way to configure L2TP VPN with pre-shared key in Intune?

6 Replies
Looking also for a Solution. Currently pushing the VPN Config via a Powershell Script but I would prefer to do it via a VPN Configuration Policy
Same issue here.
If someone could share a powershell-script until that's fixed by Microsoft I would appreciate.
best response confirmed by Vanierf (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Vanier,

There is a possibility to configure your Meraki L2TP VPN that would be through a PowerShell script. Unfortunately, it’s yet not possible to use a configuration profile for this.

There is a non-Microsoft website build that will help you create the PowerShell script: https://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/meraki-client-vpn.html

Just enter your VPN info (I would use fake info - and change the PS script afterward). After you have specified your info, it will spit out a PowerShell script that you can push through Intune. The best approach would be wrapping this PowerShell script into a Win32 app, and configure a detection rule so you're in control who has the app installed and who didn’t.

Good luck!

Regards, Bilal

@BilalelHadd I'm running into a problem trying to push this through the Scripts function in Intune. Can anybody share their Intune settings or how to deploy this with Azure AD? When I run the .ps1 script as an elevated admin locally, the VPN is added. When I push it through Intune, no VPN shows up when I log in with an Azure AD user account but Intune says the script was performed successfully. Thanks!

@BilalelHadd 

Does this prevent Hybrid AD login? The infrastructure I work with uses the Meraki L2TP client VPN and has a requirement to Hybrid domain join at intune. Is there any way of getting this working if we cannot set up configuration profile VPN connections in this manner?

Not to disregard this tool....but not sure I want to give a random site my VPN Server IP and PreShared Key just so they can generate a script.  All thats left would be user credentials and they're in if they're a bad actor...  #JustSaying

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Vanierf (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Vanier,

There is a possibility to configure your Meraki L2TP VPN that would be through a PowerShell script. Unfortunately, it’s yet not possible to use a configuration profile for this.

There is a non-Microsoft website build that will help you create the PowerShell script: https://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/meraki-client-vpn.html

Just enter your VPN info (I would use fake info - and change the PS script afterward). After you have specified your info, it will spit out a PowerShell script that you can push through Intune. The best approach would be wrapping this PowerShell script into a Win32 app, and configure a detection rule so you're in control who has the app installed and who didn’t.

Good luck!

Regards, Bilal

View solution in original post