SOLVED

Last logon info doesn't work

Copper Contributor

Hello,

We've some Windows 11 Pro and Windows 10 Pro computers, all enrolled on Intune. We applied a configuration to all computers, and one of this configurations is show last logon info. In Windows 10, sometimes displays this info. On Windows 11, it seems it doesn't work because never shows anything. I checked Group Policies, and Local Security Policies, and this directive is enabled correctly via Intune. Also, if we tried to log in and Internet fails, it appears an error message saying Windows can't retrieve last login info, and policy says it should appear, therefore we can't log on computer. When Internet works again, this message disappears, and we can log in normaly, but still without seeing last login info. Is this working on Windows 11 or this feature was removed?

Thank you!

6 Replies

Hi @Christian_Davila

Sorry if misunderstanding your question. Where do you expect to see the Last Logon info?  Do you use Defender? These info can be easily found in Security Center Security.Microsoft.com

Moe

Hi @Moe_Kinani,

I mean this option on intune:

Christian_Davila_0-1673028474185.png

When enabled, it must show a screen with last login info, such time, or if it works or fails. And in fact, it is working on one of the computers, which is running Windows 10. The others, running Windows 11, doesn't display anything.

Regards

Can you check the reg below added to the Win 11 machine?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

"DisplayLastLogonInfo"=dword:00000001

Moe

Hello @Moe_Kinani

Yes, it's checked:

Christian_Davila_0-1673088669093.png

Regards

best response confirmed by Christian_Davila (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Spoiler
Spoiler

After testing in my lab, mostly this feature isn’t supported in Win 11.

Moe

Thank you very much for your help and confirmation, @Moe_Kinani . This was I suspected.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Christian_Davila (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Spoiler
Spoiler

After testing in my lab, mostly this feature isn’t supported in Win 11.

Moe

View solution in original post