Issues with WIN32APP USER Installation behavior

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone,

whenever I set the installation behavior of an WIN32APP to user it won't start and sets it to "Not Applicable".

Magger777_0-1675944562758.png

I wanted to copy files to %APPDATA% thats why i choose USER.

Any suggestions on what I'am doing wrong?

If I can provide any information lets me know.

9 Replies
I guess we need some more background info here...

1. How is the app installed.
2. how are your detection rules configured
3. looking at the error... how did you configure the requirement rules?

https://call4cloud.nl/2022/11/all-quiet-on-the-intune-detection-rules/

@Rudy_Ooms_MVP 

1. This is the Script I like to install:

copy "File.ttf" "C:\Users\%username%\APPDATA\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates"
copy "Normal.dot" "C:\Users\%username%\APPDATA\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates"
copy "Normal.dotm" "C:\Users\%username%\APPDATA\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates"

Magger777_2-1675949060792.png

Magger777_1-1675947240743.png

Ï assume that script is just a install.cmd script or something like it?

What happens when changing the copy to part to %appdata%\microsoft\templates" instead of using %username% in it.
It's a .bat but that won't make a difference, right?

I tried it with %APPDATA% before but changed it because in the link you've provided it says not to use %APPDATA% but C:\Users\%username%\APPDATA\and_so_on.
Both have the same result.

In that blog i was refering to the detection rules and the %appdata% variable...
but still the not applicable message.
1. How did you assigned it ? user group or device group?
2. Device aadj/aadr or haadj? (assuming you are not using sccm)

Also maybe the IME log should show you some thing

1. It is assigned by device group.
2. Hybrid Azure AD Joined

System Installations work fine btw.

I've pulled the IME but I just can't find the CMTrace Tool on my device. Can you tell me how to install?
you could always open it with notepad ? or download it here
https://call4cloud.nl/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/cmtrace.zip

@Rudy_Ooms_MVP 

Thanks for the link and you help so far!

I don't know what exactly I'am looking for.
When I'm looking for the name of the APP the following appears:

[Win32App] ExecManager: processing targeted app (name='Standards', id='9dbd8baa-c16f-44cf-9753-ec5c18276d56') with intent=3, appApplicabilityStateDueToAssginmentFilters= for user session 1
[Win32App][ReevaluationScheduleManager] Subgraph reevaluation interval is not expired.
Hash = nOIKFUd68iR0SQh0kKE3X6Qb0yEtcoj2+MOirU69whc=	IntuneManagementExtension	09.02.2023 14:49:34	13 (0x000D)

There are also some red marked notifications:

System.Exception: GetAADJoinInfo - Failed to get Azure AD Join information using NetGetAadJoinInformation.  hr:1
   at Microsoft.Management.Services.IntuneWindowsAgent.AgentCommon.AADJoinHelper.GetAADJoinInfo()	IntuneManagementExtension	09.02.2023 14:49:32	13 (0x000D)
Failed to check if device is WPJ, ex is System.Exception: GetAADJoinInfo - Failed to get Azure AD Join information using NetGetAadJoinInformation.  hr:1
   at Microsoft.Management.Services.IntuneWindowsAgent.AgentCommon.AADJoinHelper.GetAADJoinInfo()
   at Microsoft.Management.Services.IntuneWindowsAgent.AgentCommon.AADJoinHelper.IsDeviceWPJ()	IntuneManagementExtension	09.02.2023 14:49:32	13 (0x000D)

GetRegistryValue encountered an exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Microsoft.Management.Services.IntuneWindowsAgent.AgentCommon.RegistryHelper.GetRegistryValue(String key, String valueName, String defaultValue, Boolean check32BitOn64)	IntuneManagementExtension	09.02.2023 14:49:34	13 (0x000D)

let me know if there is something else I could look for.

Does anyone have other suggestions?