ios supervised device contact sync and blocking viewing non corporate documents in corporate apps

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Having a bit of trouble separating personal data from organization data
Currently working with IOS supervised devices enrolled in intune.

I've enabled contacts sync between my managed and protected outlook app (Support Tip: Enabling Outlook iOS Contact Sync with iOS12 MDM Controls), and this works well as I see my native contacts populated. However it looks like I have to allow unmanaged data be able to be opened / saved in managed apps. for the contacts sync to work. Ideally we would like managed apps/data separate from unmanaged apps/data.

So as an example, using a testing device, I've setup an icloud account in the ios native mail application (un-managed app). I open an email containing an attached word document, select the share icon, select the … (more option) and under suggestions I see a list of managed apps such as 'Word' that the document can be copied to. This is something I would like to block.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to modify this so I can keep the contacts sync, as well separate personal data &apps from company data & apps (hide managed apps from unmanaged apps)

thanks

1 Reply
Hi Sammentions,

Have you tried to “Block opening OneDrive and SharePoint files in other apps“ in OneDrive Admin Center? Refer to the link below if needed:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/control-access-to-mobile-app-features

Moe