IOS iPad Company Portal Apps Won't Install

Copper Contributor

IOS apps on iPad won't install from Company portal app. Added apps into the company portal app but unable to download any. Getting Apps failed after a few mins. I've also ensured licenses are available for each app. 

I have all setup through VPP and assign apps to user groups. Apps install fine when required. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

5 Replies
COuld you show if you are using user affinity or without user affinity and how did you license the apps in the apple business manager --> user of device license? (because you are speaking about you setup vpp)
Look at the device in your Intune Console. Are you getting an error when under the Managed Applications?
What error are you receiving?
Google that error and there is a dedicated Microsoft webpage you can read on the sepcific HEX error that is generated.
Applications are simply purchased in VPP. You choose the license type in deployment. Try to avoid publuishing an application to a DEVICE (required) and a USER (available) at the same time.]
Also, try to avoid mixing license types. We publish everything as Device license regardless of if it is a user usign available or device as required. I have neve had any issues unless i start mixing things.
I'm getting error Can't find VPP license for app (0x87D13B95) and it goes to user license by default. Is there away to change it? When I try to do a assignment it is grayed out.
I'm using Apple School Manager and without user affinity. I'm getting error Can't find VPP license for app (0x87D13B95)
I have not done much with the school version of ABM, i preface that first
So try this based on my corporate trial and pain.
Since you are not using user afinity, technically the 'system' controls the device. You cannot publish as REQUIRED to a user since the user is not registering the device and there is no company portal to do available applications.

1. Create a dynamic Azure group based on your device enrollment profile
This will capture any device you enroll AND if a device is wiped, simply putting it on WiFi will automatically rebuild it.
2. Use this dynamic group to apply your Compliance and Configuration policies
3. Use this dynamic group to assign your applications as required and validate that they are device licenses since you never really have a user enrollment.

Lastly, (optional) create a Enrollment Profile called STOLEN that does use user afinity and the setup assistant. This effectively does 2 things, prevents the stolen device from ever getting to a HOME screen AND it creates a device ID as 'unknown user' you can geolocate.