iOS calendar sync with Tesla - No entries are shown in the car

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I have a problem with the sync of my calendar to Tesla. I sync all my exchange calendar entries with the native iOS calendar app. "Sync calendar" is enabled in the iOS Tesla app. All other calendar entries are shown in the car except the exchange (organization) calendar. 

"Viewing corporate documents in unmanaged apps" is set to blocked and in the app protection policy "Send org data to other apps" is set to: Policy managed apps. 

Any solutions on this one?

Best regards,

Labinot

3 Replies

Hi @Labinot Jashanica,

If using the native email app on iOS, then the App Protection Policy has no bearing.

If using the Outlook for iOS app, there is no integration that would enable the calendar data within Outlook mobile to be synced into the Tesla app.

Hope this helps!
Intune Support Team
^MS

If you're facing issues with the iOS calendar not syncing properly with your Tesla, and no entries are appearing in the car, you can try the following steps to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:

1. Check Calendar Permissions: Ensure that the Tesla app on your iOS device has the necessary permissions to access your calendar. Go to your iOS device settings, find the Tesla app, and make sure it has permission to access your calendar data.

2. Verify Calendar Settings: Confirm that the calendars you want to sync are properly configured on your iOS device. Check the settings for each calendar to ensure they are set to be visible and accessible on all devices.

3. Update Tesla App and iOS: Ensure that both the Tesla app and your iOS device are running the latest software versions. Outdated software can sometimes cause compatibility issues. Check the App Store for updates to the Tesla app.

4. Check Tesla App Settings: Within the Tesla app settings on your iOS device, look for any specific calendar-related settings. Ensure that the correct calendar sources are selected for synchronization.

5. Toggle Calendar Sync: Try turning off the calendar sync in the Tesla app settings and then turning it back on. This can refresh the connection and prompt a re-sync of your calendars.

6. Restart Tesla Infotainment System: Restart the Tesla infotainment system. Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve syncing issues. You can do this by going to the car settings, selecting "Safety & Security," and choosing "Power Off."

7. Contact Tesla Support: If the problem persists, it's advisable to reach out to Tesla Support. They can provide specific assistance and may be aware of any known issues or provide guidance based on your specific Tesla model and software version.

8. Review Exchange Policies: If you are using an Exchange calendar, check for any specific policies or restrictions related to calendar access. Ensure that there are no settings blocking the Tesla app from accessing your calendar.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, contacting Tesla Support would be the best course of action. They can provide more personalized assistance and may be aware of any specific issues or solutions related to calendar syncing with your Tesla model. you can find more information at Tesla Homes Guide blog.

Hey Labinot,

If the steps of Danielle are not working maybe the policies are configured that connection to external apps like the Apple calendar are blocked.

I have fixed this on my user level with a power automate flow that "syncs" the calendar and also adds travel time if the meeting is on a different location then one of our offices.

I do think that this is due to the policies enforced at your company. As sharing outside managed apps is not allowed by best practise. To circumfene this you may need to fall back onto Flows.

I have one for Gcalender to outlook and back so that i can use the Tesla system to navigate to my meetings.

hope this helps!