Intune Waiting for install status / Web Exception Error 401 IntuneManagementExtensionlog

Brass Contributor

Hi guys,

we have a problem with win10 selfdeploy clients that we rolled out today and yesterday. The enrollment process works fine and finishes without a problem, but then the majority of required apps does not get installed. And the status of the installation is on "Waiting for install status".

I then checked the intune logs on the client "IntuneManagementExtension.log" and we are getting a Web Exception Error with Code 401 (I attached the logs in this post)

[ServiceBase] Web Exception occurs when sending network request, non-retryable. the exception is System.Net.WebException: Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (401) Nicht autorisiert.

I have a test client at home that I wiped today and on this system I dont get these errors. So it could be a network/firewall problem. But we let all services through that are mentioned here https://learn.microsoft.com/de-de/mem/intune/fundamentals/intune-endpoints 

1 Reply
It seems like it has todo with the user that is logged in, on the device. When I login with my own user, which has an active EMS-E3 license, I dont get the error in the log. But if I login with a user, that has no Intune License, I get the Web Exception Error again.

But it is a Selfdeploy device, which only purpose is that user can use it that dont have an intune license... I really dont understand