Intune - Shared iPad and deleting a user

Copper Contributor

hello all

we have recently started configuring 'shared ipads' via intune and have run in to a tricky issue. We want to be able to remove a users 'profile' off the ipad but cant find a way of doing it.

While researching on Google we saw that in Education you have the ability to find the device then see which users have signed in and then delete one if you wish however in Business that doesnt seem to exist.

we would be really grateful if anyone can shine some light on this please

4 Replies

Hi @meravensdownm,

I've found the followin Microsoft documentation how to delete a user profile from a shared iPad.
Remove a user from an iOS/iPadOS device with Microsoft Intune | Microsoft Docs

Remove a user

1. Sign in to the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center.
  2. Select Devices > All devices.
  3. In the list of devices that you manage, select an iOS/iPadOS device.
  4. In the pane for the device, select Users.
  5. In the list, right-click the user that you want to remove, and then select Remove user.

Otherwise you can check the following Blog post of Peter van der Woude. Maybe this helps you.

Getting started with Shared iPad devices – All about Microsoft Endpoint Manager (petervanderwoude.nl...

When working with Shared iPad devices, there are also a few practical things to keep in mind.

• Only a limited number of settings and system apps are available on Shared iPad devices.
  • The passcode complexity for Shared iPad devices is complex 8 character alphanumeric.
  • ABM should be used to reset the passcode of a user for a Shared iPad device.
  • The cached user data is removed after a passcode reset of that user for a Shared iPad device

Kind Regards,

Rene

How long does it normally take for the logged in user/s to show up under the Device > Users section? Currently testing this for implementation in a few months and a whole hour later I'm not seeing any User IDs listed.

@acristiano_wmc 

I was having this same problem too, I thought I was in the right portal but realized in their instructions the link opens intune.microsoft.com rather than endpoint.microsoft.com - I was in endpoint manager and the menu is literally exactly the same, but the users list is empty. 

If you follow the link, and go to that same users directory on intune.microsoft.com I bet you will see the users. after testing it, the logins show up there almost instantaneously. I had to right click to delete them. 

@dsweeney5923 

I had been accessing through endpoint.microsoft.com up until you made the suggestion to use intune.microsoft.com. Unfortunately, despite there being users on the test iPads they haven't shown up under the Device > Users.