Intune Policy Violation for Outlook for Android

Copper Contributor

According to the intune policy of Microsoft, the enterprises can choose to allow their users to allow/disallow the organizational data to Local/OneDrive/SharePoint/Third Party App. But Outlook for Android doesn't allow all ZIP files to Save to OneDrive/Sharepoint/Third Party App.

When clicking an attachment like text/pdf/any other files in Outlook for Android it handles those files to OneDrive/Sharepoint/Third Party App such Like Adobe for PDF.
But When clicking Zip files we are unable to handover to OneDrive/Sharepoint/Third Party App.
According to the Intune policy for Android this action should be allowed by Microsoft Outlook
Can you please let me know what is wrong and why we cannot do?

8 Replies

@Kuben_Tech 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Microsoft Intune space- please post Microsoft Intune questions here in the future. 

Thank you for the guidance. Hope to reach the technical support team as soon as possible.

This is a technical community and not the official support forum, so you may want to check support.microsoft.com if that’s your goal.
@Eric Starker
Thank you for letting me know.
When clicking an attachment like text/pdf/any other files in Outlook for Android it handles those files to OneDrive/Sharepoint/Third Party App such Like Adobe for PDF.
But When clicking Zip files we are unable to handover to OneDrive/Sharepoint/Third Party App.
According to the Intune policy for Android this action should be allowed by Microsoft Outlook
Can you please let me know what is wrong and why we cannot do?
I’m a community manager here, not a product expert, so I can’t answer your question. Hopefully one of the experts here can help you or someone at support.microsoft.com.

Thank you for your reply.

@Ramya_Chitrakar

@Intune_Support_Team

Please help me to solve this issue.

Hello All

We are happy to inform you that, the issue is resolved after 3 months of struggles.
Finally Microsoft has made corrections to adhere Microsoft Intune policy!

Microsoft Intune support team was of great help in resolving this issue.

We are so much thankful for the persons who had helped or given any piece of lead which drove us to the right path.

Now we are able to access all the encrypted files from Outlook for Android without any issues.

Thank you