Intune MAM for Outlook and OneDrive on Android 7

Iron Contributor

This the 3rd time in a matter of weeks that only my Pixel phone with Android 7 lost its "sync" with Outlook. I believe the problem happens when I get an update the Outlook from the Google play store(not hundred percent on this though). The first time it happened we opened a case and we were able to fix the issue by resetting the EAS ID, with support.  The second time I fixed it my self by removing the specific Outlook MAM profile and reregistering. Although I know how to fix it I have not actioned anything this time in case support want to check the logs or symptoms. Of note I have other Android 6.0 devices that are still working fine. Also Onedrive is is suffering the same issue , also interesting is I do get the notification of new mail on the phone, I can preview the message in the notification window, but Outlook itself doesn't show any new messages. Also of note if I browse to OWA on the phone messages show up fine.

Anyone else having this weird issue with intune MAM?

4 Replies
@Vladimir Petrosyan Have you seen this Outlook sync issue on Bradley`s Android 7?

No, I haven't heard about this issue. The best thing to do is to contact our Intune technical support, so they can investigate this issue: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/troubleshoot/how-to-get-support-for-microsoft-intune

Thank you,

Vlad

Hi @itsbrad - I have a Nexus 6p, running Android 7.1.1 with both Outlook and OneDrive under MAM.  Neither are displaying such issues at this time. I assume you are also keeping the Intuen Company Portal app up to date - this is an important component in the MAM framework.

Have you tried manually reseting the account from the device? From Outlook -> Settings -> Account -> RESET ACCOUNT?  It's not something should have to do each time the app updates, but if it's a backend cache issue in the Outlook service this would at least initiate the re-sync.

Our company had similar issues with Yammer, I changed the Offline Grace Period to 7200 minutes instead of 720 minutes, not sure if this will work but maybe worth giving a shot?