SOLVED

Intune Connector

Iron Contributor

Do we need Intune Azure Connector installed if we already have an Azure AD connector? This is for Hybrid environment? 

26 Replies
In Endpoint Manager you can create a dynamic group which automatically gets filled with all devices that you register for Autopilot (Hardware hash import) That's not a on-prem group, it's an Azure AD group. That group can be used to assign software to and for configuration and deployment profiles.

You mentioned on prem domain join, you said you want to do Azure only. The device gets inrolled into Azure by Autopilot and is a Endpoint Manager device from that moment.
Harm,

I created deployment profiles for Autopilot and what are the Included Groups and Excluded groups here. I am kind a confused as the interface is all changed.

Next, I am not able to assign devices to these Windows Autopilot deployment profile that I created. It looks like there is no way you could assign the imported device here. Has it moved anywhere else?
Harm

Do we have to create a user group to assign these devices to users or do we assign it directly to each individual users?
Create a Dynamic group which automatically fills that with all the devices you uploaded the hardware hash from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/autopilot/enrollment-autopilot#create-an-autopilot-device-group... . But you said that you created profiles, multiple because?

And the device is open for anyone of your company with an Intune license, whoever enrolls the device is the Primary user by default...
So, you can create Dynamic User / Device. Which is the best and what situation do you create a Dynamic User Group and Dynamic Device Group and why?

The profiles I was talking is Deployment profiles. Created
1. Intune Autopilot Remote - Test
2. Intune Autopilot Remote - Production

When you click on any one of the profiles and go to Assigned Devices, I cannot see any device assigned. Not sure how you assign the devices to this Deployment Profile?

Dynamic Device Group with the addition of GroupTag (https://vmlabblog.com/2020/03/use-group-tag-to-change-autopilot-deployment-profile/) This way you can label the devices you imported the hardware hashes from, perhaps one group without a grouptag and one with a Test tag?

You can assign device manually by creating a group and putting the ID of the device in their (Check autopilot devices for that) and assigning that to the profile. Or dynamic groups of course, in both ways you should see (after assigning groups to the profile) which devices are assigned
The most basic way to look at is if you want to Hybrid Join EXISTING devices, then you just need to the AD Connector. If you want to Hybrid Join NEW devices, you also need the Intune Connector