SOLVED

Installing application that requires .NET 3.5 Framework on Windows 10 devices

Brass Contributor

I have a win32 application that requires .net 3.5 framework. I am unable to figure out how to deploy this application using intune. I am encountering the following issue:

The first command in my script enables .net 3.5 in the Windows 10 device, but then it requires a restart, without which the second line won't execute.

start /wait DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All

wscript install.vbs

How do I solve such dependency issues using intune?

5 Replies

Create a script:

1) install .net

2) add scheduled task to install app afret reboot

3) reboot

best response confirmed by rajeshkhanikar (Brass Contributor)
Solution

I am able to solve this by using PowerShell workflows, the script enables .netfx3, reboots the computers and resumes installing the application. I have to register the application for intune to detect it. The only issue is that intune see this as a failed installation - some more housekeeping scripts can fix this. I hope this will be fixed in intune.

waaqayyo yeroo hundumaa gaariidha!

gaarummaan isaas bara baraan jiraata.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by rajeshkhanikar (Brass Contributor)
Solution

I am able to solve this by using PowerShell workflows, the script enables .netfx3, reboots the computers and resumes installing the application. I have to register the application for intune to detect it. The only issue is that intune see this as a failed installation - some more housekeeping scripts can fix this. I hope this will be fixed in intune.

View solution in original post