install graphics driver via intune

Steel Contributor

Hi all,

I have to use a specific driver for adobe and would like to install this remotely 

The files of the driver are: 

Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 10.47.52 AM.png

I have tried to follow this: https://universecitiz3n.tech/intune/Intune-Win32-CustomScript/

But I cant seem to get it to work, any ideas on a alternative way ? Or how I can get it to work as i am unsure of which parts of the script I need to change to work for me?  

Please help!

7 Replies
In the script you are using it will launch the igxpin.exe from the .\intel folder, looking at the screenshot that folder is igfx_win10_100.8496 ?

Hi @Rudy_Ooms_MVP 

So would i only need to change the .\intel part? like I have done so below? Or is there more things I would need to change before I can get it to work with the driver I need?

#Check for path where logs will be stored
if (!(Test-Path C:\Temp)) {
    New-Item -Path C:\ -ItemType Directory -Name Temp
    New-Item -Path C:\Temp -ItemType Directory -Name SU
}
elseif (!(Test-Path C:\Temp\SU)) {
    New-Item -Path C:\Temp -ItemType Directory -Name SU
}

function Get-Info
{
    "[$Env:ComputerName] [$Tag] [$((Get-Date -Format 'yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss').ToString())] [$($env:UserName)] [$($MyInvocation.ScriptLineNumber)]"
}

function Exit-WithCode
{
    param
    (
        $exitcode
    )

$host.SetShouldExit($exitcode)
    exit
}

$SoftwareName = 'IntelGraphics'
#Check currently installed version of driver
$InstallationVersion = Get-CimInstance -ClassName win32_pnpsigneddriver | Select-Object devicename, manufacturer, driverversion | Where-Object {$PSItem.DeviceName -like 'Intel(R)*HD Graphics*'}
#Write driver version to file
"$(Get-Info) Installed version $($InstallationVersion.driverversion)" | Out-File -Append -FilePath c:\Temp\SU\IntelGraph.log
#Install drivers silently
$Process = start-process "igfx_win10_100.8496.\igxpin.exe" -ArgumentList @('-report c:\temp\su\IntelGraph.log', '-s') -NoNewWindow -Wait -PassThru
$Process.WaitForExit()
#Determine exit of installation based on exitcode of Intel  
If($Process.Exitcode -eq '0'){
    #Hard reboot
    Exit-WithCode -exitcode 1641
}else{
    #Retry
    Exit-WithCode -exitcode 1618
}

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Looking at the script (didnt test it myself)

".\igfx_win10_100.8496\igxpin.exe" instead of ".\Intel\igxpin.exe"
But please make sure you are packaging the folder igfx_win10_100.8496 and not only the contents of it..
So create a folder on you harddrive c:\packages
create a new sub folder igfx_win10_100.8496 in it with the contents igxpin.exe
-Create the powershell script you mentioned and place it in the c:\packages folder
-Create the intunewinapp package and select the poewrshell script as install file ... it will also add the igfx folder to it...

Thanks Rudy!

If I wanted to find out the detection rule for this thet use:

$Driver = Get-CimInstance -ClassName win32_pnpsigneddriver | Select-Object devicename, manufacturer, driverversion | Where-Object {$PSItem.DeviceName -like 'Intel(R)*HD Graphics*'}

if ($Driver.driverversion -eq '26.20.100.6888') {
Write-Output 'Newest version installed'
#Exit code will be 0 and STDOUT not empty
}
else {
exit 1
}

Do I need to change the version how do I find this out to match mine?

Hi @Rudy_Ooms_MVP 

I have also tried to run the script manually before putting on intune and I get this? Any ideas? 

Capture.PNG

Thanks in advance

@AB21805 

I just downloaded the zip file.. extracted the content to the intel folder..  and run  the script ?

Rudy_Ooms_0-1635329920227.png

Looks like its working as it should? The only difference is that i now run .\install.ps1 as install command... when uploading the app you need to change that part of course to powershell.exe -executionpolicy Bypass -file .\install.ps1 

Hi am trying to do it via this zip: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/drivers-video-win-intel.html

No luck still! I have no idea where im going wrong :(