How to get a not assigned device in Intune (Autopilot), without HardwareHash (Existing Device)

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have a device in intune, its not assigned. Im testing it to get the device in the Autopilot Device Enrollment profile (Deployment Profiles), the mainly problem is, that the device is N/A. 

Is there a way to get the device in AD, without a HardwareHash?

clipboard_image_0.png

Thanks!

6 Replies

UPDATE: Did add it in Azure AD (Domain Join), but now cant get the device in Windows Autopilot Deployment Program (Devices)

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks!

@Amedian2019 as you are able to add the device in Autopilot, the device is also available in AAD.
The next step is getting the device in an AAD Security group, which can be done by following the instructions here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/enrollment/enrollment-autopilot#create-an-autopilot-device-g...

Assign your deployment profile to the security group, give it some time and the profile should get assigned.

@Peter Klapwijk 

Thanks.

Ik leg het even in het Nederlands uit, de computer bestaat al, het systeem zit dan ook in Intune en onze AD. 

Het probleem is, kunnen we een bestaande apparaat, in de Deployment Profiles krijgen? Zodat we zonder de HardwareHash uit te lezen, op afstand het apparaat in Autopilot kunnen starten. 

@Amedian2019 I continue in English as i might be interesting for others :)

Yes in the Deployment profile you should set "Convert all targeted devices to Autopilot" to Yes and assign that profile to a security group which your existing device is member of.
That should register this existing device in AutoPilot.

@Peter Klapwijk 

Thanks @Peter Klapwijk for the fast response. 

We already did do these steps, unfortunately it still doesn't work. 

We already have other notebooks that works without problem, but we can´t get the existing device in Autopilot.

clipboard_image_2.png

clipboard_image_5.png

@Amedian2019 That`s strange. I have seen this work in several tenants. That was always with User-Driven mode, but cannot imagine that this would not work for Self-Deploying.
Are you using hardware from one of the Autopilot supported vendors? If not the issue might be that the vendor isn`t able to provide the hardware hash.
Otherwise I think you should open a support case.