SOLVED

Google Drive App Install Issue

Copper Contributor

Hi guys,

I deploy Google Drive (GD) to all devices, but i am getting a failed status (see below). GD is definitely installing correctly so it must be something to do with my config (see attached). In the detection rule it is looking for a folder 54.0.3.0 which is present on the devices. Any help would be appreciated.

Status Failed: Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel (0x80070666)

Screenshot 2022-06-27 at 14.45.46.pngScreenshot 2022-06-27 at 14.45.53.png

10 Replies
best response confirmed by TungNguyen1600 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@TungNguyen1600 Are you just checking to that folder or a file in that folder? Perhaps using a registry check is a beter option of a detection.ps1 script? Something like this below:

if (test-path -path 'C:\Program Files\Google\Drive File Stream') {
write-host Google Drive is installed
exit 0
}
else {
write-host Google Drive is not installed
exit 1
}

@Harm_Veenstra  Yeah just checking if the folder exists. I've just changed it so that it's one folder up (see screenshot) instead of the version number folder and will see if that makes any difference.

With the detection.ps1 script, would i package that along with the install.cmd and GD exe with the winapp32 deployment tool? Or is there another way to use the script? Sorry, I'm a mac admin, so win admin is quite new to me.

Screenshot 2022-06-27 182555.png

If you choose to use a custom detection script, you can select and upload it. I usually keep it in the same directory as the package so that I have all the files together in one directory, I do create the package from that but you will still need to select it from your harddrive from within the detection rule pane and then it will be uploaded
Christ, I'm being so dumb, of course. ok i'll try your script and let you know how it goes. thank you!
Let us know and mark my answer as solution to mark it as solved if it works :)

@Harm_Veenstra You are an absolute star, the script worked! thank you!

I clicked like on the script, how do i mark this as resolved?

Thank you, no problem and glad to help!
No thank you. for future ref, do i just click the like icon to make it as resolved?
There should be a best response-button below the comment, you did find it in this post ;)
I believe you need to define the detection rule a little bit mor specific. Because, after uninstall the folder in this case 54.0.3.0 is still available. Just follow these steps here: https://whackasstech.com/microsoft/msintune/how-to-install-google-drive-desktop-with-microsoft-intun...
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by TungNguyen1600 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@TungNguyen1600 Are you just checking to that folder or a file in that folder? Perhaps using a registry check is a beter option of a detection.ps1 script? Something like this below:

if (test-path -path 'C:\Program Files\Google\Drive File Stream') {
write-host Google Drive is installed
exit 0
}
else {
write-host Google Drive is not installed
exit 1
}

View solution in original post