Getting 80180005 error while running User driven Hybrid AD join autopilot scenario

Copper Contributor

Hello All,

We are running Windows 10 user driven Hybrid AD joined Autopilot scenario. We are getting this error 80180005 on all machines after giving user credentials. Earlier it used to work with out any issues but suddenly getting this error.

The error is "There was an error communicating with the server. You can try to do this again or contact your system administrator with the error code 80180005."

I have checked online about the error and they are referring to the issue with name prefix. I have given prefix as APT in domain join profile and I don't think it is causing the issue.

Thank you in advance!

6 Replies
Hi, Mmmmm that error has been asked to me often lately..
Do you use something like pi-hole? or something like that?
I also have seen it happening on aadj devices, but that was because some bug when assigning stuff to the virtual "all devices" group

Hello @Rudy_Ooms_MVP 

Thank you for your reply.
I am not using any software like pi-hole. I have assigned to only limited devices based on group tag.
I have found this error in MdmDiagReport_RegistryDump. Will it help in anyway?

narayana6224_0-1652865521569.png

I am seeing the same behavior. It worked just fine in the last few weeks but now it isn't. Any chance a recent update blew this up?
Autopilot has been buggy all week now... but today i guess it totally broke
https://twitter.com/Mister_MDM/status/1527160867174993920

Hello @Rudy_Ooms_MVP 

Thank you for letting us know about this issue. 

No problem.. so i guess we need to keep an eye out for that ticket ... looks like they reversed the updated they deployed Monday .. so maybe it will be working again today or tomorrow