Get the Intune enrolled devices synced into Azure Active Directory and show up as devices

Iron Contributor

Hi there,

I have a question , I hope you can help me with that or give me some hints - I posted this question on Azure Active Directory but have not got any respond from our fellows yet:

Let's say I have added an iPhone in Apple Business Manager, and by a connector (I configured earlier) it comes over to InTune. So as an example when I search for that device by serial number in the Intune --> All Devices, it will be displayed there properly.

But if I go and search for that device on the Devices in Azure AD, it does now show up.

I want to add those devices in to a group so they should be displayed and show up in my AAD.

How can I make/configure my Azure AD or Intune to see my devices which were enrolled in Intune or any way I could get them synced between Intune and AAD? [ Intune --> AAD ]
12 Replies

@Ali Fadavinia  The good news is that the device is in fact in AAD Devices. Unfortunately, you cannot search for it using the serial number. You can only search by device name or device ID in AAD.

@eglockling 

Thanks for your reply,

It does not matter by which field you search it ( device name, management name, device ID, etc.). It does not matter that I can search it thru serial number or any other unique fields- I just want that Azure AD sees that device(s) when I enroll them in the Intune - that is the main purpose for me:

The device(s) shows up in the Intune --> All devices but not showing up in the Azure AD --> All devices.

There should be a solution to get it synced over to Azure Ad.

@Ali Fadavinia  Go to Intune and select the device from the All Devices list. Choose the Hardware tab, then copy the Azure AD Device ID. Go back to Azure AD Devices and search it. The Intune Device ID and the Azure AD Device ID are not the same. Alternatively, if you select the enrolled user from AAD and choose the Devices tab, the enrolled device will also be listed here.

@eglockling 

I did check there, Azure Device ID is all zero: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

and Intune device ID is: 5112131b-33e5-4e89-95f7-b8e69422141b

I don’t see any ways that you can see the devices in AAD except registering the device using Authenticator App by Going Setting-> Device Registration

Moe

Did you found a solution? Is it an Apple device ?

We face the same problem. Some devices are showing in Intune but not in AAD.

LuckySlam_5-1653617346241.png

When you sync your devices from ABM, it will only provision Managed Devices in Intune. 

Managed Device in Intune does not necessarily require a Device in Azure AD (and vice versa). They are only loosely related entities. Managed Devices can exist just fine without any connection to a Device registered in Azure AD (joining would, of course, work as well, but that's not possible for iPhones) . 

If you need these devices to be available in Azure AD, you will have to register them in a separate action during your enrollment, like deploying Company Portal or Microsoft Authenticator, as @Moe_Kinani already mentions. 

The devices are already enrolled and were present in AAD after the initial enrollment procedure.
The devices were enrolled with a enrollement profil (with user affinity) directly at device setup, not simply assign to a MDM from ASM/ABM.

Users have the correct MS licenses.

Fiew days after, the devices simply desaperead from AAD.

The Intune device must have a related AAD object to be able to be grouped. That's all the problem.

We manage more then 2000 (Win, Mac, iOS, Android) enrolled devices with MEM and only the Apple devices seem to have this issue.

Not sure I'm completely clear on how you are enrolling your devices. So, this is probably a long shot...

I'm assuming you are using ADE/Setup assistant-method here. Are you completely finishing the setup, as in, you are following it up with Company Portal? 

I'm asking because Company Portal is where the AAD-registration is actually completed, as described under "Setup Assistant with modern authentication" in these docs.

@LuckySlam did you manage to resolve this issue ? we are facing the same problem with apple devices. the devices show up as complaint on company portal app and endpoint portal. we registered devices under Microsoft Authenticator app , which updated registered status on Azure AD. but compliance is not synced between Endpoint Manager and Azure AD , hence devices fail with CA policies.