Errors OOBEAADV10 and 80192ee7

Iron Contributor

I powered up a brand-new Dell Precision 3570. After the initial questions I said to set up for an Organization. I signed in as a user who is enrolled in Intune. 

After signing in and approving the MFA I got the error message:

Something went wrong – Code OOBEAADV10

I tried again and after the third try I got:

Something went wrong – Code 80192ee7

After five tries and the same error I rebooted and got back to the OOBEAADV10 error. Then I got the 80192ee7 error a few more times.

Any idea what is happening and how to make it work?

13 Replies
Seems to happen more and that you should wait before trying again sipping coffee ;) https://call4cloud.nl/2022/07/oobeaadv10-return-of-the-502-error/

@Harm_Veenstra 

I saw that and thought that trying again can't really be the solution. 

I tried about 15 times today with the same results. If I send computers out to the field saying they just need to sign in and the computer will set everything up I will have to update my resume.

I find that little in Intune works reliably. It will work great one time and the next time there are all kinds of issues. I certainly can't use it for non-technical users. I often wonder if it is ever really used for production or if it is all marketing hype.

General intermittent problem, but perhaps not the issue in your case. The machine does need internet access to certain FQDNs https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/fundamentals/intune-endpoints Does it work when connected to a hotspot for example?

@Harm_Veenstra 

I am working from home today, so I plugged it in to a second ethernet connection that has always worked fine before. I know it has internet connection because Azure AD shows successful sign ins from my home ip address. I have nothing on my network that would block access to those sites. 

I will try from the office tomorrow but my home setup isn't much different from an average user.

If the objective is to have non-technical users just take a computer out of the box, connect to the internet, sign in, and have their computer set up per the policies and profiles it really shouldn't be this fussy.

The issue that you have is not wide-spread and an every day thing, once setup by the admin users should have the easy autopilot experience.
Just like Harm was also pointing out... this issue could be caused by a couple of things that were also pointed out in that oobeaadv10 blog I wrote.

In an autopilot world with all strings attached, sometimes things can break... sometimes its your own network, sometimes its an issue at Microsoft their side...

@Rudy_Ooms_MVP 

I plugged it in at the office this morning, signed in, and everything updated and all my apps installed as they should.

That suggests that the issue was on my home network. I wanted to try it from there before rolling it out to more users. If that is the issue, then I wonder if others would have the same thing.

When it works it is a great timesaver. For the next few users, I will have to choose people who can come in to an office if need be.

Thanks for your suggestions

You're not running a pihole in your home network, that was my weird issue at home. One address was blocked by an ad list which was very important :grinning_face_with_sweat:

@Harm_Veenstra 

I may just wipe the computer, recheck my network at home and try again. If I could identify what happened, I would feel more comfortable rolling it out to users.

@John Twohig of course, has to be reliable 

Any update?

@Harm_Veenstra 

Not really. I have been using the laptop so haven't had time to wipe it and try the Intune setup again from my home network. 

I am leaning towards the issue being my home network. We had someone show up at a jobsite in the middle of nowhere without his laptop. There was a laptop there, so we used Intune and it set it up for him with no problem. 

Ah, ok :ok_hand: let us know if you if you find anything specific that you could share