Error 80070088 Intune enrollment

Copper Contributor

HI,

We have Windows 10 1803,1809 devices joined to Windows AD.

Devices have "Azure AD registered" status.

I'm trying to seamlessly enroll them to Intune using GPO, but scheduled task gives an 80070088 error.

I found that this error may have meaning "The system tried to delete the JOIN of a drive that is not joined" But this doesn't help me much.

Scheduled task uses deviceenroller.exe /c /AutoEnrollMDM

I tried to run scheduled task from different operator networks to exclude the fact that my operator can limit my connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

2 Replies

Ever figure this out? @Andy_Bond 

@Andy_Bond It might be that the GPO is not liking the current Azure AD Registered status. But before you go down that road, can you try using a different ADMX template associated to the GPO? I had a similar issue with a customer and it went away when we tried a different template. You can find the ADMX templates here: Enroll a Windows 10 device automatically using Group Policy - Windows Client Management | Microsoft ...

If this still does not resolve the error, best is to slowly troubleshoot what scenarios specifically the error does and does not occur in, such as my hunch about Azure AD Registered status or VPN / firewalls being funky during the enrollment process.