Mar 18 2021 10:56 AM
Mar 18 2021 10:56 AM
Hi, I am testing W10 device auto-enrollment using GroupPolicy, following this article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/mdm/enroll-a-windows-10-device-automatica...
Step number 7 in the article, we have tried to change the value to Enabled for Enable Automatic MDM enrollment using default Azure AD credentials group policy (Computer Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > MDM) by Group Policy but When we check the value in local Group Policy on the targeted devices, it always shows as Not Configured even after GPO was pushed successfully. We wondered what the registry for this policy is and it seems to be this one. \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MDM\ AutoEnrollMDM (article https://admx.help/?Category=Windows_10_2016&Policy=Microsoft.Policies.MDM::MDM_JoinMDM_DisplayName)
The value on all the targeted devices shows as 1 (enabled). Can I assume that the setting was changed successfully? The thing is, some of our devices were enrolled successfully but some weren't and we are trying to figure out where it's going wrong.
Many thanks in advance for your help
Mar 18 2021 11:52 PMSolution
I recommend that you use this command to view the policies applied to a device (run from local device):
As you are using Group Policies to enroll your devices I assume that you want your devices to be hybrid Azure AD-joined.
I recommend below as part of your troubleshoot:
Have a look at above and let us know if you require further help. I am happy to help.
Mar 19 2021 05:29 AM
Mar 22 2021 03:04 AM
Thank you very much for your reply. I ran the command mentioned in your reply and saw what I wanted to see! It is indeed ‘Enabled’ and I am happy
I didn’t mention in my original post but I can confirm that
• Our test devices are hybrid Azure-AD joined (when we ran dsregcmd /status, under Device State, we can see AzureADJoined:Yes, DomainJoined:Yes)
• OUs are synced to Azure AD (my successfully enrolled laptop is in the same OU as the failing ones)
• All the test devices are W10 1909 or later
• EMS E3 licence is assigned to the test users
• Auto-enrollment is activated for those users who are going to enroll the devices into Intune
• Azure AD allows the logon user to enroll devices
• The MDM discovery URL during auto-enrollment is https://enrollment.manage.microsoft.com/enrollmentserver/discovery.svc
• Microsoft Intune allows enrollment of Windows devices (Enrollment restriction only applies on personal)
• Auto-enrollment settings are configured under Microsoft Intune
AzureAdPrt> No (however, KeySignTest= PASSED)
There are two entries in Azure portal> Devices
1. Join type= Azure AD registered, Registered 3/4/2020
2. Join type= Hybrid Azure AD joined, owner = N/A, Registered= Pending
Event viewer> ID76 Auto MDM Enroll: Device Credential (0x0), Failed (Unknown Win32 Error code: 0x8018002b)
Join type= Hybrid Azure AD joined, owner = N/A, Registered 9/6/2019, Activity=3/15/2021
Event Viewer> ID76 Auto MDM Enroll: Device Credential (0x0), Failed (Unknown Win32 Error code: 0x8018002b)
No entry in Azure Portal> Devices. All other devices in the same OU appear in Azure AD as Hybrid Joined but not this one!
If you have any ideas to fix the issues above, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
Mar 22 2021 03:10 AM
Mar 22 2021 03:18 AM
Mar 31 2021 08:36 AM
Thank you very much for your suggestions. It's all sorted now!
All the best