Endpoint privilege management, deployment unsuccessful with "device health monitoring" error

Brass Contributor

Hello all, I'm testing Endpoint privilege management on a few machines in a test environment. The elevation settings policy isn't deploying when "send data to microsoft" is selected, the error received mentions an "Allow Device Health Monitoring" error, but that settings is correctly deployed via configuration profiles. Also can't find any info about that in the logs.

If I deselect "send data to microsoft" then the policy is deployed successfully, but in reality the app is not installed on the target devices (so no right click options about EPM). Anyone facing the same issue, and what steps could we try to fix it?

81 Replies

@MaxMorsia same things are happening on my tenant:

image.png

Please note that I'm testing with a Surface Pro X (2nd gen).

*UPDATE* seemed to work perfectly on my Intel device [Dell].  🫤

image.png

The exact same issue is occuring on my Dell 3310 laptops.
I even went into the settings catalog and there is a setting called Device Health, I pushed that to my device with the same reults.
I assume you arent blocking telemetry? AllowTelemetry
SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection

And this service isnt disabled?
Connected User Experience and Telemetry.

What does this reg key tells you?
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\policymanager\current\device\DeviceHealthMonitoring
Connected User Experience and Telemetry is running

SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection I see this key Allow Telementary Policy Manager value 3

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\policymanager\current\device\DeviceHealthMonitoring I see 12 keys , do you have keys to refernce to see if the values are correct?

@Clay_Taylor The client version is correct it has the March updates.

Hi,
regarding the first nest, AllowTelemetry_PolicyManager is = 1
same goes for AllowDeviceHealthMonitoring (=1) under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\policymanager\current\device\DeviceHealthMonitoring. Service "Connected User Experience and Telemetry" is running.

also here win11 and win10 clients are updated to march 2023 updates.

+1 Guess I'll come back in a few weeks.

It's sad, but yeah, I think we will need to wait. So far, I've seen this work or not work with no rhyme or reason....I've AutoPiloted 2 PC's recently and was enabled, but the other one didn't...
What happpens when kickstarting the enrollment by using the csp that initializes the enrollment?

Sorry, I'm not following you. Isn't the CSP already the policy deploying the settings?

Something changed this morning. Now the impacted devices are "not applicable". No more failure...
After installing manually KB5023773 on Win 10 21H2, deployment was finally successful! Now testing after updating Win11 client to 22h2.
also successful on win11 after update to 22h2!
I am also getting same issue what will be exact solution to resolve this issue