Email search issue on Outlook mobile app

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have just migrated all my users from Blackberry works to Intune as my MDM solution. Everything works fine, but searching for old emails has become a massive issue for my users.

Microsoft support has advised to upgrade the outlook app available from app store, which I have done. It has improved the results if you are searching for some one who has not sent you that many emails. The search will show results from few years back as well. 

But with someone who has emailed your daily, then the outlook app seems to cap the number of results. Please note I am not using the native email apps. 

Any one come across this issue? Pl help, highly appreciated

thanks

vishal

3 Replies
Have you tried going to the contact item in Outlook and checking the mail from there?
Hi Vishal,

I agree. Searching in Outlook mobile is bit challenging because they integrated the search for Contact & Mail at same time.

It’s bit different than Blackberry. You may need to just get used to Outlook. Otherwise you can use native app but then you can’t manage using Intune.

Moe

@Moe_Kinani 

I have spoken with Microsoft in-app support and they advised to update the outlook app. I did and it helped with better search results.

But the underlying issue of the outlook app capping the number of results still exists. So for e.g if you search for someone who has not emailed you that often, the search function will display results going back good few years. 

But for someone who has emailed you often, the search function will cap the results to 250 searches.