dynamic membership rule creates group with deleted devices

Copper Contributor

I created a dynamic membership rule 

(device.deviceOSType -contains "Windows") -And (device.deviceOwnership -contains "Company") -and (device.accountEnabled -eq true)

The members included all of the deleted windows devices as well. The deleted devices don't show up in Intune, so don't know where they are being pulled from. Is there a way to not include these?

2 Replies

Also when I use the group to install an app, Install Status reports that the deleted device installed the app. These deleted devices have been deleted from Intune and then rejoined. 

@JaneDo 

I know this has been a few years since you originally made this post. I found your post when I too was running into the same issue. I used this link to fix my issue: Azure AD – New device attributes are available for use for dynamic group membership (hametbenoit.inf...

We found that by using the devicemanagementappid as a membership rule and having it equal 0000000a-0000-0000-c000-000000000000 (intune management) this got rid of the deleted devices. Hope this helps either you or the next person with this same issue find a resolution.