Disable post OOBE screens Windows AutoPilot

Iron Contributor

Goodmorning all,

I'm building a new workplace concept with Windows AutoPilot. Everything is working fine, but I want to get rid of the post OOBE screens automatically and set the correct value for it.

The screens which I'm talking about are:

• Do more with your voice
  • Let Microsoft and apps use your location
  • Find my device
  • Send diagnostic data to Microsoft
  • Improving inking & typing
  • Get tailored experiences with diagnostic data
  • Let's apps using advertising ID

Any suggestions on how I can configure this, is welcome!

You will be a live saver for me.

Greetings,

Jeroen

23 Replies

@Hilbert Hofsteenge @Jeroen Burgerhout  First, thank you for your answer. Very appreciated!

I did a new test today with a brand new WAP profile. I still have the OOBE screens displayed. I check in the eventviewer and the value of the JSON profile downloaded on the deployed device. This the correct profile which is applied.
I also tried with and without the regional settings in the profile, without any good result.

In parallele, I've raised a call to Intune support. They proposed me to test OMA-URI settings related to ESP pages but they didn't change anything. So I'm supposed to have a call today to discuss the case.

I'll keep you updated after the call. And if, in between, you have another good idea feel free to propose :)

Thanks,

@Hilbert Hofsteenge @Jeroen Burgerhout 

Dear all,

I just finished a call with MS support and their answer is: 

I would like to inform you that this is a by default feature of Autopilot in windows 10 1909 devices.

I do investigated and discuss this scenario with my team, concluded that this is a in built feature of windows 10 1909 device.

We cannot remove that OOBE experience via Intune cause it is default feature of autopilot enrollment.

I'm a bit surprise by this one... As far as I understood your different post you solve your issue of additional OOBE pages in the case of deployment of Windows 10 1909 with Autopilot Self-deploy. Isn't it?

Thanks,

Blobbx

Hi @Blobbx ,

I did a test with Self-Deploying this morning and didn't see any issues. I used the new 2004 Windows 10 build.

Maybe @Michael Niehaus has an idea why this is not working?

I’m having the same exact issue. User Driven mode. But only happening on 1 laptop out of 2. And it’s a Surface Pro 4. I built a Dell 5290, same Autopilot profile and you don’t get the post OOBE screens, it goes straight to the login page, whereas for the Surface Pro 4 I have to go through those pages.