Dec 11 2019 02:16 PM
Dec 11 2019 02:16 PM
We have a conflict in our device restrictions after we change another setting in that profile.
In the Windows Defender settings we have set 'Time to perform a daily quick scan'.
After setting a another setting in the device restrictions this setting resulted in a conflict.
After reviewing this intune shows that there only one profile with conflict.
We have no other settings with this specific setting. So there no logical reason for a conflict.
Dec 13 2019 12:58 AM
Hi @Ronald Meer,
this is more brain storming and not a fact, not a verified answer but maybe helps for further troubleshooting... you may have configured the value before with a different policy and then unassigned this policy, which might left the setting behind (tattoo) and then the new policy finds this leftover and tells conflict. The back end service (Intune) can't show a conflict as the original policy is not assigned anymore, so it only shows the current one.
Dec 13 2019 09:37 AM
@Ronald Meer We started experiencing the same issue, on thousands of devices for this very configuration item. We have no conflicting MDM configuration profiles, or GPO. We have on occasion edited existing MDM profiles instead of creating new, and re-assigning groups.
Dec 16 2019 02:17 AM
Added a few Exclusions into our Defender Device restrictions Policy last week now its reporting conflicts on every device.
Made sure there are no conflicting settings as described here under the section "Type of system scan to perform". Still reporting conflicts.
Dec 16 2019 07:59 AM - edited Dec 16 2019 08:00 AM
@Michiel_Singor @Ronald Meer @SinceVanilla I'm having the same issue aswell. I had to raise a support request this morning as this one thing is pretty much preventing us moving over to Intune at the moment. The quick scan isn't even being done automatically. I can do it manually, so there must be some backend configuration issue that needs addressing. The security intelligence updates are scanning and updating fine
Really hope this is resolved soon
Dec 16 2019 08:27 AM
Hey all, we have the same Problem. I created a support request by MS-Intune-Team. That is now closed, becouse it looks like a "Windows-Issue" (endpoint and not Intune-Case). Now I should create a new request for Windows-Enpoint Team.... Now is the ouestion @Oliver Kieselbach, did you created some request by MS?
Dec 17 2019 11:11 PM
We have the same issue in all our tenants as well (without even editing anything). Would be interested as well if someone knows more about this - we don't have open tickets yet.
Jan 07 2020 11:50 AM
I have a case opened for this problem. We have MDM only managed, Hybrid AD Joined devices. No conflict issue with GPO, or Device Configuration profile was identified. This appears to be an issue on the service end. I'd say open a case with Microsoft if you're experiencing the issue, as your problem maybe different than ours. @Ronald Meer @
Jan 28 2020 10:17 PM
I see the same situation at one of my customers. Has anyone tried not to use the gui, but work directly with the Defender CSP via Custom policies? I am not sure, if its a bug on the backend or something wrong with the csp that are underlying.
Jan 29 2020 02:23 AM
@Christian_Hemken I've worked with MS on this for quite a while now and we've tried all sorts (GUI, Custom CSP, PowerShell), still not resolved as we speak
I was told a fix for this would be in the 2001 service release, it wasn't. Still seeing a conflict
Feb 01 2020 06:15 AM
@Christian_Hemken The is was fix last evening
Feb 06 2020 05:41 AM
I'm not sure if Microsoft have done any changes since yesterday evening (12 hours ago) but now my clients starts to get the status "Compliant devices" instead of "Conflict"
The change that might have fixed this.
This morning I've changed the bitlocking encryption from xts-aes 256 to xts-aes 128 due to that no device got encrypted with xts-aes 265 and was categorized as "Devices with errors".I checked cmd with the command "manage-bde -status" and it revealed that all devices was encrypted with xts-aes 128. After the change I get the status "Succeeded" one device after another. The devices that got the new status also got released from "In conflict" for 'Time to perform a daily quick scan" and is now compliant.
Hope that this can help anyone out there with the troubleshooting to solve the problem.
Mercuri International Group
Feb 06 2020 05:48 AM
The problem was mitigated in the meantime. I guess your tenant has all relevant updates and start to behave correct again. See Twitter post from the Intune PG:
Today we fixed an issue with two Defender AV settings reporting Conflict or Error in the #MSIntune / #MEM console. Thanks for those who reached out to report the bug. Happy to say it's fixed & devices should return to green on their next check-in.
The two settings affected were 'Type of system scan to perform' and 'Time to perform a daily quick scan', found in the WDAV section of our Device Restriction profile.