Deploying RemoteApp and Desktop Connections via Intune

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Searching to find the steps to deploy RemoteApp and desktop connections by using Intune, I was not able to find a way that actually worked. Just wondering if anyone has a working method that is actually active for the above deployment.

6 Replies
Hi @SamSONACA, good morning. At the moment, you can't find in EndPoint manager same templates as in an on-premises AD in terms of GPO. From an on-premises domain you can add this from User Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Remote Desktop Services -> RemoteApp and Desktop Connections. One thing you could do, is create an script / powershell to create this connection and push it within Intune. I hope this can helps. Good luck.
If you are asking to create a remote app or rdp icon on their desktop you could create a win32 app with the rdp icons/connection info in it and a powershell script which copies the rdp to the public desktop (or something like that :) )

@Ben_Allgood 

It is for Windows Insiders

MatAitAzzouzene_0-1629283573765.png

This week I will release a blog with the 3 options you have.. I would go for the win32app option :)
Hi, As promised, my blog about this topic :
If you have any questions feel free to ask them.

https://call4cloud.nl/2021/08/remote-app-the-last-whish/