SOLVED

DEP like expirience for Android

Iron Contributor

Hey,

Have anyone expirirence in something like DEP but for Android devices? Is it possible to have that not related to speciefic vendors? Looks like there is a solution for Samsung, but not for everything else.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Per Larsen (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

There are various Android Enterprise "solution sets" and at the moment in Intune only supports Work Profile and COSU (Corporate Owned Single Use) 

Samsung is the only vendor which has gone it alone with its DEP equivalent and its called Knox Mobile Enrollment, but this only supports Android Device Admin (legacy) management at the moment and not Android Enterprise.

What you are referring to is Android Zero-touch enrollment which is supported in Intune but only for the COSU solution set, this is designed for kiosk style devices, which have no user affinity so it may not suit your needs. The docs for COSU within Intune are here and it is to be noted that there is a list of Android Zero touch supported operators, resellers and OEM partners

I hope I have explained this clearly, please let me know if you have any further queries

Hi , I have been testing with the Android Enterprise Work Profile and COSU model in combination with Intune. Works fine. Tested on Panasonic and Samsung devices.

Quick update on this post.

Device Owner mode for Android Enterprise is now available in preview. Some things to keep in mind, KME is not supported in preview, Conditional Access is not supported.

Find full list here: https://docs.microsoft.com/sv-se/intune/android-fully-managed-enroll

Zero Toch enrollment is available for testing in preview.

All OEM's that support Android ZT is listed here: https://www.android.com/enterprise/management/zero-touch/

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Per Larsen (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

There are various Android Enterprise "solution sets" and at the moment in Intune only supports Work Profile and COSU (Corporate Owned Single Use) 

Samsung is the only vendor which has gone it alone with its DEP equivalent and its called Knox Mobile Enrollment, but this only supports Android Device Admin (legacy) management at the moment and not Android Enterprise.

What you are referring to is Android Zero-touch enrollment which is supported in Intune but only for the COSU solution set, this is designed for kiosk style devices, which have no user affinity so it may not suit your needs. The docs for COSU within Intune are here and it is to be noted that there is a list of Android Zero touch supported operators, resellers and OEM partners

I hope I have explained this clearly, please let me know if you have any further queries

View solution in original post