Deep Link or Dynamic Link for an apps in Intune portal

Copper Contributor

I wonder whether if it possible to create a deep link or dynamic link to an application in the Intune portals like Firebase Dynamic Link or other deep link/dynamic link?

My scenario is if a user receives an email that contains a link (deep link/dynamic link with some data) when the user clicks the link it will:

• redirect to an Application in the Intune portal if the user hasn't installed the application once the user installs the application it will pre-populate some data based on the data in the link
  • open the application and pre-populate some data if the user already installs the application it will automatically

Basically the same behavior as when a user clicks a link then open an application in the Apple store/Google play store if the user hasn't installed the application.

Please suggest if it can be done on Android and iOS both devices.

4 Replies
Looking for a solution to this exact issue. Anyone have any updates? @rai_arijasa did you find a solution to this?

@oe_dev_000 unfortunately I haven't found a solution yet. for now, I only provide the step to download the apps in Intune and haven't had a chance to dig deeper.

It would interesting to find out how a deep link works on iOS/Android devices.

I would also assume that deep links will fall under app protection policy, to exempt the deep link and be opened via a managed Edge browser.

@rai_arijasa Thanks for coming back to me. I'll let you know if I find anything.