SOLVED

Copying application packages to a new tenant

Copper Contributor

I'm currently working on an Intune/Autopilot project and we are doing everything in a test tenant. Once we get everything ironed out, we will want to copy the config from the test tenant to maybe a dozen or so other tenants. I'm not having any luck finding a way to export/import application packages, does anyone know of a way that can be accomplished?

7 Replies

@Aubrey Moren 

Take a look at this - https://deviceadvice.io/2019/07/12/export-import-your-intune-tenant-settings/ - may be the sort of thing you are looking for.

@PeterRising I actually read through that, and it doesn't look like it will export the actual installation files, like the .intunewin packaged Win32 apps.

@Thijs Lecomte Ok, that looks very promising, thanks! I will see what I can do with that.

best response confirmed by PeterRising (MVP)
Solution

Hey @Aubrey Moren,

I'm the author of the IntuneWinAppUtilDecoder :)

How to decode Intune Win32 App Packages – Modern IT – Cloud – Workplace (oliverkieselbach.com)

Have a look at the section: How to get the sources back from the Intune tenant directly?

There I gave some reasoning why it is complicated to get the sources directly back from the tenant... But as a summary, you can assign every package as available and install one after the other and monitor the logfile with my script. Then you will end up finally with all apps downloaded and decrypted.

best,

Oliver

@Oliver Kieselbach 

Awesome, thank you Oliver.  Going to check this out myself! :smile:

@Oliver Kieselbach Thanks! That looks like what I need.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PeterRising (MVP)
Solution

Hey @Aubrey Moren,

I'm the author of the IntuneWinAppUtilDecoder :)

How to decode Intune Win32 App Packages – Modern IT – Cloud – Workplace (oliverkieselbach.com)

Have a look at the section: How to get the sources back from the Intune tenant directly?

There I gave some reasoning why it is complicated to get the sources directly back from the tenant... But as a summary, you can assign every package as available and install one after the other and monitor the logfile with my script. Then you will end up finally with all apps downloaded and decrypted.

best,

Oliver

View solution in original post