SOLVED

Copy files to Autopiloted desktops from network

Brass Contributor

Is it possible that you can use configuration profile to copy files from network to a folder in the onboarded desktops? It has to be a one time copy and after that it should not check for it once it has copied.

Any suggestions in how we could do this or run a powershell script to copy it and verify it? Similar to how we install apps  can I do that? Using a batch command through Intune Apps push?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by oryxway390 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@oryxway390 

You can't use an Intune Device Configuration Profile for this. But you can run PowerShell scripts from Intune. See these links for examples on how to set it up in the Intune portal. The second link gives a RoboCopy example to do the file copies from within the script.

How to Deploy PowerShell Script using Intune (MEM) 

Powershell Script for robocopy 

Please like or mark this thread as answered if it's helpful, thanks!

Hi Kurt,
Thanks for the information. I think I mentioned using Configuration profiles not device configuration.

https://www.usmanghani.co/deploy-file-to-workstations-with-microsoft-intune/

I did fine another article that shows how to using configuration profile by creating a policy.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by oryxway390 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@oryxway390 

You can't use an Intune Device Configuration Profile for this. But you can run PowerShell scripts from Intune. See these links for examples on how to set it up in the Intune portal. The second link gives a RoboCopy example to do the file copies from within the script.

How to Deploy PowerShell Script using Intune (MEM) 

Powershell Script for robocopy 

Please like or mark this thread as answered if it's helpful, thanks!

View solution in original post