Change user account control settings

Iron Contributor

Hi Gents,

Much appreciate it if someone can advise how to pre-set the "Change user account control settings level" for Windows 10 user via the Intune policy control.

Purpose: I realize the default setting is "Always notify me" this caused UAC popup black screen during the remote session.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Best regards

Sk 

10 Replies
You can modify the elevation prompt to not use secure desktop via a security baseline policy which will allow you to see the prompt during remote sessions:

Standard user elevation prompt behavior:
This policy setting controls the behavior of the elevation prompt for standard users.

Automatically deny elevation requests - When an operation requires elevation of privilege, a configurable access denied error message is displayed. An enterprise that is running desktops as standard user may choose this setting to reduce help desk calls.

Prompt for credentials on the secure desktop - When an operation requires elevation of privilege, the user is prompted on the secure desktop to enter a different user name and password. If the user enters valid credentials, the operation continues with the applicable privilege.

Prompt for credentials - When an operation requires elevation of privilege, the user is prompted to enter an administrative user name and password. If the user enters valid credentials, the operation continues with the applicable privilege.

more info: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/protect/security-baseline-settings-mdm-all?pivots=mdm-de...

@Sk-73 

It really depends on what product you are using for a remote control session. If you are using teamviewer UAC is definitely a problem. Of course you can change the black screen by configuring the intune policy:

Rudy_Ooms_1-1618302364657.png

But the best solution (if you are using teamviewer or some product like that) just use windows verification in teamviewer

Rudy_Ooms_0-1618302328751.png

Hi MM_JJ
Thank you so much for your kind advice on this post. I will update you with the outcome.
Take care & Stay safe.
Cheers

Hi @Rudy_Ooms_MVP 

Many thanks for your response.

Currently, we're using Windows 10 default app quick assist. I will update you with the outcome.

quickassist-start-type.png

Hi @Thijs Lecomte 

Thanks for the advice. I will check it out the link.

Cheers =)

Hi @MM_JJ   

It seems like my colleague have manage to resolve the UAC popup black screen issue. 

Untitled.png I'm not sure is it because of this policy. Will need your kind advice.

Thanks.

SK

Hi @Rudy_Ooms_MVP 

I hope all good with you.

Are you able to see and get the notification about if I reply on this post? 

I'm not too sure is it I need to reply with the outcome by 1 by 1.

Thanks.

Sk

Hi, All good :)
Of course.. . Yes that is the option I and Thijs was referring. In my first reply I posted a picture of that setting

Hi @Rudy_Ooms_MVP 

ahh I see, it looks like the issue has already resolve by my collogue before I carry out all the steps.
Many thanks for you guys swift response and the kind advice.

Cheers