Tech Community Live: Microsoft Intune
Mar 20 2024, 07:30 AM - 11:30 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Cannot see some work apps in Company Portal

Copper Contributor

Hi,

A have troubles with deploying some apps from Google play for Work market to Company Portal app on Devices with Android for Work profile.

After I deployed these apps and synced Intune with google play for work, I can see them under Intune - MobileApps - Apps. They are also assigned to group. But on Company Portal app in devices they are still  not showed.

I am talking about apps from google play for work console:

Cisco AnyConnect, LinkedIn, or Azure Information Protection or Office 365 Admin etc..

With another work apps like: Microsoft Inspire 2017, or Micorsoft Teams, Excel.... there wasn't any problem with successful deployment..

I dont understand, where I did mistake. Can anybody help me please?
Thanks.

3 Replies

Small update:

For now the only one app I have still issues is: AnyConnect app from Cisco.

Another apps (LinkedIn, Azure Information Protection, Office 365 Admin ) was assigned to wrong group (my mistake ).

It is possible that current version of AnyConnect app is incompatible with Intune ? Because i found this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/known-issues

"...The latest release of the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client (4.0.07072) is not currently compatible with Intune...."

Hi,

I am in midst of moving all Android devices managed via legacy device management to Android Enterprise (AFW).  Do you have any learning, insights from your setup on Play store for work and especially around deploying LOB apps (company) that you can share?

Thanks,
Shuchi.

@tomas tuba wrote:

Hi,

A have troubles with deploying some apps from Google play for Work market to Company Portal app on Devices with Android for Work profile.

After I deployed these apps and synced Intune with google play for work, I can see them under Intune - MobileApps - Apps. They are also assigned to group. But on Company Portal app in devices they are still  not showed.

I am talking about apps from google play for work console:

Cisco AnyConnect, LinkedIn, or Azure Information Protection or Office 365 Admin etc..

With another work apps like: Microsoft Inspire 2017, or Micorsoft Teams, Excel.... there wasn't any problem with successful deployment..

I dont understand, where I did mistake. Can anybody help me please?
Thanks.

Hi,

I didn´t deploy LOB app in our company yet.

But what I know, I think, you don´t have upload LOB app to Play Store for Work.

You can upload it right to the Intune. Check this guide:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/lob-apps-android

Hope it helps..