SOLVED

Blocking access to app data for users

Steel Contributor

Hi all,

I need some help I have users able to install opera via app data. Is there a easy way to stop access to app data for users ? or if not a easy way to stop users installing opera (even from memory sticks) to their devices. 

6 Replies
Using Applocker you mean? As it will restrict the possibility to let normal regular user install stuff on their own. So it also blocks user installs like opera that install their software in their own appdata folder
Or did i got the question wrong :)
Hi Rudy, is there another way for opera specifically. If I was to do something like upload opera as a app and set it to uninstall via intune or a script which deletes the folder where Opera sits on the device?
I have set a policy to not open OperaGXsetup.exe via Don't run specified Windows applications

Which works but now I need to remove or stop those who have already installed it.
What happens when they change the name of that setup file? :)

Hi Rudy @Rudy_Ooms_MVP 

I have tried to use App Locker it however says succeeded on 6 devices although I have deployed to all devices. The report says all users check in is Remediated. Does this mean it has been deployed successfully.   

Screenshot 2022-05-10 at 9.52.03 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-05-10 at 9.52.15 AM.png

best response confirmed by AB21805 (Steel Contributor)
Solution
I guess looking at the device itself to determine if applocker works, would be the smartest thing to do... as intune reporting could be sometimes slow or not 100% correct (in my opinion)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AB21805 (Steel Contributor)
Solution
I guess looking at the device itself to determine if applocker works, would be the smartest thing to do... as intune reporting could be sometimes slow or not 100% correct (in my opinion)

View solution in original post