Azure AD Connect and AutoPilot

Iron Contributor

I have INTUNE connector installed, should I be enabling in AZURE AD Connector

Configure device Options

---- Hybrid Azure AD join?

Shouldn't the INTUNE connectors take care of this or this has to be enabled in Azure AD Connector servers?  Doing the Hybrid Azure AD Join (Autopilot) first time. Only joined machines to Azure AD.

Appreciate your input guys and gals.

4 Replies

Hi @oryxway 

The Intune Connector for your Active Directory creates autopilot-enrolled computers in the on-premises Active Directory domain. But for joining the computer to Hyb AAD there are additional steps required. Please refer the link Enrollment for hybrid Azure AD-joined devices - Windows Autopilot | Microsoft Docs

Br/

Somesh.

If my reply helped or if it fixed your problem, please mark it as the answer.

This connector service account must have the following permissions:

Somesh,
I have got the Intune Connectors installed. Now, I am trying to follow here. We do not have multiple domains. So, I am thinking this is where the problem is. The account that Intune ODJConnector Service Properties is currently using NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM.

So, we have to have a service account as below and added to this Intune ODJConnector?

Log on as a service
Must be part of the Domain user group
Must be a member of the local Administrators group on the Windows server that hosts the connector

Hi @oryxway ,

Yes, the Intune Connector Service must run with service account. Have you checked for the application pool & identities there?

Br/

Somesh

If my reply helped or if it fixed your problem, please mark it as the answer.

@somesh_pathak Thanks Somesh. But, as per the document it says unless you have multiple domains right. But, am sure that this is needed for adding the computer objects to the domain. 

I did not understand this - Have you checked for the application pool & identities there?