Tech Community Live: Microsoft Intune
Mar 20 2024, 07:30 AM - 11:30 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Auto update W32 apps

Copper Contributor

Hello,

We're using intune & company portal to manage apps. Win32 build using IntuneWinAppUtil are not updated automatically even if supersedence is set to be update as soon as possible et correctly target users'devices.

Users have to go to company portal and click on "install" to have an app updated.
What did I miss ? 

Thanks for your help.

5 Replies
Did you checked this doc about the supersedence behavior (required/available intent)

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/apps/apps-win32-supersedence#supersedence-behavior
Yes...
Hi Loic,
Sounds like you have an Available assignment for the application in question. Supersedence doesn't mean your new version will automatically be installed on computers that have installed the earlier version (regardless how it was deployed). To automatically update the original application on computers the newer version needs to be deployed with a Required assignment.
Hehe thats why i asked the op if he had read the msdoc… available vs required :)
My bad ! I didn't understood it correctly.
But does that means that if an app is available to everyone initialy and I want user that have it installed to update it, I need to list every user concerned, create a group with them to make them all required and not the whole company ?
It's not very practical