Assign Profiles in Intune for Devices

Copper Contributor

Have 2 Questions

1. Where do we go and assign the profiles (Is it configuration profile that needs to be applied to the device) and where has it moved?

2. When I go to see the device in Azure AD and choose it, it shows an option to enable and when I click on it, it prompts me "Are you sure you want to enable the selected devices? This will enable access for all user accounts in this tenant on the selected device?" - Should I enable it? Why does it say all users accounts? This is going to be used by one user.

Appreciate your quick and best response.

Thank you

5 Replies

Hey @mmiadmin,

1. Where do we go and assign the profiles (Is it configuration profile that needs to be applied to the device) and where has it moved?

• To assign a config profile you can follow the following steps
  • It is only possible to assign a profile to a group. It is not possible to assign it to a device. But you can create a group and add this single device to this group.

Jannik_Reinhard_3-1658432133016.png

Jannik_Reinhard_1-1658432018567.pngJannik_Reinhard_2-1658432108333.png

@mmiadmin :

2. When I go to see the device in Azure AD and choose it, it shows an option to enable and when I click on it, it prompts me "Are you sure you want to enable the selected devices? This will enable access for all user accounts in this tenant on the selected device?" - Should I enable it? Why does it say all users accounts? This is going to be used by one user.

I created an Intune AutoPilot Test Group - So, should I assign it to that group?
Hi Jannik,

First thanks for the input you provided. I created a deployment profile (For Test) and I go into that profile

All Services\Devices\Windows and click on the Deployment profile (Test) and there I see Assigned Devices and I am not able to go and assign this test device here to this test deployment profile. So, what does this assigned devices section do? This sees the device after it is enrolled into Intune?

The assign Profile button went missing from

Azure Portal -> Microsoft Intune -> Device Enrollment – Windows Enrollment-> Windows Autopilot Devices.

Do you mean confi profile or enrolment profile?

As already mention you can only assign groups not devices but if you have a group you can put this device into this group and assign this group to the config profile.

Did you already enrolled a device into intune? If not you can check this blog how you can enroll a device and setup a enrollment profile: https://jannikreinhard.com/2021/07/17/setup-a-windows-autopilot-test-lab/