Apps are not installing at the time of enrollment

New Contributor

Hi People,

 

I am new in enrollment of the android devices. 

I have a few devices which I need to enroll as Corporate-owned, fully managed user device. 

In order to do so, I completed the steps below:

1. Scan the code

2. Login as company credentials.

3. Setup the pin number.

After that I am stuck at installing the apps.

As Microsoft Authenticator and Microsoft Intune are required apps, without that I can't do anything. 

Installation of that apps are just going for ever. 

Please see the screenshot  and help me if you can .Thanks20220524_163504.jpg

43 Replies

Is the device enrolling in Intune at all?

Do you have any Conditional Access (Compliance) or something else blocking it?

@Oktay Sari you may want to jump in on this one :smile:.

@Bijanya, Any updates on this from your sid?

 

In addition to the questions previously asked by @NielsScheffers:

 

  1. I'm assuming that the connection between Intune and the managed google play store is working? But just to make sure; Are you able to enroll using other methods and install these applications? Perhaps you can try a personal device with work profile enrollment or a corp owned device with work profile.
  2. What Android version are you running? I'm again, assuming you're on 8.0 or higher.
  3. Do you have this issue with just 1 device? Did you test with other devices? Just to rule out it's an issue with this particular device.
  4. You write that you login with company credentials (step 2). Is that the chrome browser starting and asking for credentials?
  5. And again, I'm assuming it's not a DEM account you're enrolling with
Thanks for your support @NielsScheffers  and @Oktay_Sari

Answers for Niels :
The device seems to get enrolled but I can't find it on the controller. 

There's no blocking at all. 

There's no issues when I enroll a window's laptop or either apple devices.

Its just that Android devices are not getting through this step. 

Answers for Oktay:

1. connection between Intune and the managed google play store is working fine. I am not able to enroll using any other methods.
2. I am using Android 12 as these are new samsung s22 mobile phones.
3. The issue is with all android devices.
4. yes chrome browser starts and ask for credentials.
5. I used to login with DEM account but after reading an article, I am now using non DEM account.
I've seen this before, sound like you have Enrollment restrictions on your tenant, check it out ;)

@BijanyaDid you find out what was your issue? I'm having the same issue now. My configuration works for years but somehow started to stop working. I can sometimes get it to work by keep on trying but mostly not. I'm enrolling Samsung Galaxy A33 Android 12 - 13 version. There is no device restriction and limit restriction in placed. I tried connecting to different wifi connection and still can't get it to work.

Having the same issue. We do have device restrictions, but the devices meet the requirements. We've been enrolling phones with the same settings for over a year.
‘3. The issue is with all android devices’ is this only s22 Android 12 devices or other Android manufacturers with other Android versions? Also, do you have any device CA policies in place and what type of network are you using the enrol the devices? LAN or public?

@rahuljindal-MVPWe are using Samsung A30, A31, A32, A33, S22 and Android versions are mostly 12 and 13. Tried office wifi without restriction so like completely public and also external wifi without restriction at all.

@NoelR365 

 

We are having the same issues too. 

 

Multiple wipes, upgrading to A11 made no difference. 

 

Any ideas ?

 

Thanks

Thanks. What about CA policies? Anything in sign-in data?

@rahuljindal-MVP Hello do you have some news about this behaviour? did you manage to enroll the devices ?

@Bijanya Any update on this as i too am seeing this issue... only for some users though

@Abcolg8 nothing yet. I was on leave, just came back. Now gonna work with Microsoft again. 

I will keep posted.

Hi @Bijanya
We also have this issue now, started happening a month ago, much worse now. COPE enrollment, Tap 6 times, Wifi, login with MS, set device passcode, But then it just spins at the same screenshot you have posted. No Conditional Access policies, No device Restrictions, No MFA for Enrollment, tried multiple WiFI (work, home, starbucks) still the same result. Confirmed no duplicate or previous devices in AAD or Intune. According to Intune device successfully enrolls, compliance in AAD is Not Evaluated. I have a critical case opened with MS too! Will post again if I hear anything.
Oh, and the worst part... some devices do enroll! If we reset/wipe the device it might work on the 5th try!! So far the tech at MS thinks there may be a communication issue between the enrollment backend or with MS or Google playstore? Waiting for more info.
Sorry for the Multiple posts, just heard from MS and this is what he said: As we discussed to provide information on the data found, the devices are showing status of pending approval, making unable to install the MS applications required to enroll. These issues are related to connection issues with play store and the MS servers to install and auth the service.

@GeoffB1155 Thanks for the update... i had a device that was failing yesterday and now its working, but another device that is still not working... its very frustrating as the issue seems very intermittent 

looks like working fine for me now. I've tried 5 devices with different users and registering properly. the thing I've changed is adding intune to the condtional exclusion list, it was intermittent for 2 days when I first added but looks like it came right now
We don't have conditional set up. but my device came good last week as well. I have another 6 to do this week so ill let you know how i go