SOLVED

AppleWirelessMouse64 driver packing on Intune

Copper Contributor

Hi All, 

I am trying to package the AppleWirelessMouse64.exe via Intune and push it on company portal. 

Has anyone done this before? If so can you please share your experience ?

TIA, 
Vijay. 

11 Replies
best response confirmed by Vijay0896 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Vijay0896: You can extract all the files from the AppleWirelessMouse64.exe using 7-Zip or something similar to a folder. Use that folder to create a Win32Package, and you can use " .\DPInst.exe /sw /s /q /se " as the installation command. The uninstall command would be ."\DPInst.exe /u AppleBMT64.inf /q " (Both without the "s ) For detection you can use a registry check on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\D088EE4BD2819FBA2B349EF9D55176F223419BE6 with the DisplayVersion key and value 06/01/2011 4.0.0.1. (Or another one if you downloaded a different version, it should be on the same path)

Let me know if that works. I just tested the install and uninstall in a Windows Sandbox.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If one of the posts was helpful in other ways, please consider giving it a Like.

Hi @Harm_Veenstra

Really appreciate your response on this. 

I used \AppleWirelessMouse64.exe /s as the install string and this is what I have on my uninstall string, C:\PROGRA~1\DIFX\8730326CFC0D32D8\DPInst.exe /u C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\applebmt64.inf_amd64_6d97d6264f077f40\applebmt64.inf. And my registry key is the same as yours, but mine hasn't worked. 

I'd be pleased to try your approach; however, can I use the install and uninstall strings just as per your suggestion? Should I try making any modifications?

Attaching screenshots from my registry for your reference. 

Registry.PNG

If you extract the AppleWirelessMouse64.exe with 7-Zip (Or a similar tool) to a folder, you will see the DPinst.exe in that folder. If you open a command prompt and change the folder to where you extracted the files, you can use DPinst.exe /? to see all the parameters. (But they are also listed here: https://silent-install.net/installer/dpinst ;) )

My install and uninstall commands work, and the detection should also work if you use that registry path.

But you say your install didn't work... Did the detection not work? Was it installed anyway?

@Harm_Veenstra  I am getting this error upon installation " The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002)"

Could you share a screenshot of your installation files and the settings of your package in Intune?

@Harm_Veenstra 

I have downloaded the bootcamp from the apple website and the apple wireless mouse drivers were in them, as below.

Applewireless1.PNGApplewireless2.PNGApplewireless3.PNG

Ok, two things, I guess... The install and uninstall command should start with .\DPInst.exe and not just \DPInst.exe (my bad, didn't format that well in my previous answer). Another thing is you need to extract the contents of the AppleWirelessMouse64.exe into a directory and create a .intunewin file from that

@Harm_Veenstra I guess I am missing something here. 

I have installed the apple driver from this URL to package it to .intunewin file
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1836?viewlocale=en_AU&locale=en_AU
Within this package it is specifically only the "AppleWirelessMouse64" driver which needs hasaa installed which is located within the package at this location: bootcamp5.1.5722\BootCamp\Drivers\Apple, please let me know if the original installation is wrong. 

@Vijay0896 Like I said in the previous comments, you need to extract the contents of the AppleWirelessMouse64.exe to a folder and create s intunewin package from that. If you install 7-Zip, for example, you can right click the exe file and select Extract. You will find the dpinst file in the extracted files you are now mentioning that executable which is not in your package... 

@Harm_Veenstra 

This has worked and I have tested it myself, I cant thank you enough for your assistance in this matter. 
Thanks again. 

@Vijay0896no problem, good to hear that it works! 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If one of the posts was helpful in other ways, please consider giving it a Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Vijay0896 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Vijay0896: You can extract all the files from the AppleWirelessMouse64.exe using 7-Zip or something similar to a folder. Use that folder to create a Win32Package, and you can use " .\DPInst.exe /sw /s /q /se " as the installation command. The uninstall command would be ."\DPInst.exe /u AppleBMT64.inf /q " (Both without the "s ) For detection you can use a registry check on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\D088EE4BD2819FBA2B349EF9D55176F223419BE6 with the DisplayVersion key and value 06/01/2011 4.0.0.1. (Or another one if you downloaded a different version, it should be on the same path)

Let me know if that works. I just tested the install and uninstall in a Windows Sandbox.

View solution in original post