Apple User Enrollment in Intune

Copper Contributor

End of last year Apple announced in the developer conference 2019 about all new "Apple User Enrollment". Its really an excellent way for administrators supporting end-user BYOD devices without requiring the user to sacrifice their own privacy and at the same time by increasing the security around corporate data by segregating off the data in a separate storage area. This results in a better balance of security and privacy for both the enterprise and the end-user in a BYOD scenario.

After the release from Apple, I have been constantly watching new developments in Intune and I tested out "Enrollment Types - Preview" feature using a profile "determine based on user choice". with this profile it behaves the way new "Apple User Enrollment" works but I am not 100% sure if the enrollment type feature is built to achieve the concept brought by Apple "Apple User Enrollment"? or its simply an another way.

I would appreciate if you can help me understand on the above.

1 Reply

@Sujith Suriya https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/enrollment/ios-user-enrollment says that this is in preview, so depending on your settings you should be seeing it. When you create a new profile under "Enrollment type (preview)" do you get the options below including the "User enrollment" option?

settings-page.png