Android Enterprise Wifi deployment using SCEP Cert problems

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I am trying to setup android phones to connect to the wifi through a wifi profile. We use SCEP certificates. The trusted root certificate and the SCEP certificate deploy successfully to the device via Intune. The trusted root CA automatically gets put into the User store (dont know if this is causing the issue as its not in system store). However, we cant see the deployed SCEP certificate on the phone without using an app called 'My Certificates'. This confirms that both the CA and SCEP certificate are on the device.

The Wifi profile is then sent to the device and again this says successful on intune but the phone doesnt connect to the wifi. The SSID it is trying to connect to appears but it doesn't connect. Looks like it tries connecting and then fails. Nothing can be seen on the networks ISE servers so it doesnt even look like its getting that far.

Then tried to add the wifi manually. WPA2 enterprise. When I select the option to select a certificate, it shows the ssid name (mustve got this from the wifi profile deployment) with '_NULL' at the end? Dont understand what this is or what it means? Tried selecting the null certificate but this doesnt connect either.

Connection we want to use is EAP-TLS. We DONT use the Company portal.

The android phones are fully managed corporate devices.

The above method to deploy the Certs and wifi profile works fine with iOS devices but not android

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

SA

1 Reply
Hi, I have a similar issue. Did you manage to get this working?