SOLVED

Adding Outlook Addins to resiliency addinlist

Iron Contributor

I am trying to create an OMA-URI so i can add an outlook addin to the resiliency Addinlist.

I have an ingested the complete Outlook ADMX in intune. This is working because i have set some other outlook settings through an OMA-URI.

But have troubles to create a working setting for the Outlook Resiliency Addinlist

Below a part of the outlook admx i am trying to use.  Can someone tell what i am doing wrong

The OMA-URI value is ./User/Vendor/MSFT/Policy/Config/Outlook~Policy~L_MicrosoftOfficeOutlook~L_Miscellaneous\L_ListOfManagedAddins

and the string value is 

<enabled/>
<Data id=”L_ListOfManagedAddins2" Value="Afas.Profit.Office.Addin.Connector"/>

<policy name="L_ListOfManagedAddins" class="User" displayName="$(string.L_ListOfManagedAddins)" explainText="$(string.L_ListOfManagedAddinsExplainText)" presentation="$(presentation.L_ListOfManagedAddins)" key="software\policies\microsoft\office\16.0\outlook\resiliency\addinlist">
      <parentCategory ref="L_Miscellaneous" />
      <supportedOn ref="windows:SUPPORTED_Windows7" />
      <enabledList>
        <item key="software\policies\microsoft\office\16.0\outlook\resiliency\addinlist" valueName="policyon">
          <value>
            <decimal value="1" />
          </value>
        </item>
      </enabledList>
      <disabledList>
        <item key="software\policies\microsoft\office\16.0\outlook\resiliency\addinlist" valueName="policyon">
          <value>
            <delete />
          </value>
        </item>
      </disabledList>
      <elements>
        <list id="L_ListOfManagedAddins2" explicitValue="true" />
      </elements>
    </policy>

2 Replies
best response confirmed by RonaldvdMeer (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hi Ronald,

I've configured it for you and verified it in my tenant, you have to specify the value slightly different in a list element and you have a backslash instead of a forward slash in your OMA-URI.

Here is your wrong URI and below my working config:

...L_MicrosoftOfficeOutlook~L_Miscellaneous\L_ListOfManagedAddins

this is my working config:

part 1 - ingestion:

./Vendor/MSFT/Policy/ConfigOperations/ADMXInstall/Outlook16/Policy/outlk16custom

xml content from outlk16.admx

part 2 - config:

./User/Vendor/MSFT/Policy/Config/Outlook16~Policy~L_MicrosoftOfficeOutlook~L_Miscellaneous/L_ListOfManagedAddins

<enabled/>
<Data id="L_ListOfManagedAddins2" Value="Afas.Profit.Office.Addin.Connector&#xF000;Afas.Profit.Office.Addin.Connector"/>

the value must be specified as value&#xF000;value

best,

Oliver

Thank you for your help. The backslash was a typo.

I made a slight change. The value must be 1. 

The OMA-URI is working. And i have now a bit more understanding how the &#F000 seperator works.

<enabled/>
<Data id="L_ListOfManagedAddins2" Value="Afas.Profit.Office.Addin.Connector&#xF000;1"/>

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by RonaldvdMeer (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hi Ronald,

I've configured it for you and verified it in my tenant, you have to specify the value slightly different in a list element and you have a backslash instead of a forward slash in your OMA-URI.

Here is your wrong URI and below my working config:

...L_MicrosoftOfficeOutlook~L_Miscellaneous\L_ListOfManagedAddins

this is my working config:

part 1 - ingestion:

./Vendor/MSFT/Policy/ConfigOperations/ADMXInstall/Outlook16/Policy/outlk16custom

xml content from outlk16.admx

part 2 - config:

./User/Vendor/MSFT/Policy/Config/Outlook16~Policy~L_MicrosoftOfficeOutlook~L_Miscellaneous/L_ListOfManagedAddins

<enabled/>
<Data id="L_ListOfManagedAddins2" Value="Afas.Profit.Office.Addin.Connector&#xF000;Afas.Profit.Office.Addin.Connector"/>

the value must be specified as value&#xF000;value

best,

Oliver

View solution in original post