Acrobat DC Install via Intune

Iron Contributor

Has anyone been success on deploying Acrobat DC Professional via Intune? I downloaded the package from Adobe and used the IntuneApp to create a package but so far it refuses to install failing with a 

(0x80070005) error.  I can deploy the reader without issue. Deployed Dreamweaver and Photoshop CC without error but this one is puzzling.  This like all of CC is subscription based now, so not sure what I am missing... 

29 Replies
Hi,

Maybe working around the problem and publishing it on a different way?
Deploying it with serviceui. With serviceui.exe you could create an interactive install. When the end user needs to install the app, he could open the company portal and install the app by clicking forward/forward on the install wizard (which installs the app In the system context)

https://call4cloud.nl/2020/11/company-app-unchained/
Open PowerShell:
Navigate to IntuneAppUtil application:
cd E:\Intune\IntuneAppUtil
.\IntuneWinAppUtil.exe
Please specify the source folder: E:\Intune\IntuneApps\Source\Adobe Acrobat\Build
Please specify the setup file: setup.exe
Please specify the output folder: E:\Intune\IntuneApps\Output\Adobe Test
Do you want to specify catalog folder (Y/N)?n

App is created within a few minutes. Let me know if this helps.

@ArchAngel66 i am in the same boat you are.  this means you're using the acropro.msi. did you overcome this yet?  if so, how?  did you also get the RUM folder installed via this method as well?  i had the RUM folder included in my package but not sure how to get it to the target machine (the OOBE_Enterprise folder doesn't get created on target machine).  i didn't see it in any options in the customization wizard.  any feedback would be helpful.

Below is how i managed to get it to work:

Install command: AcroRdrDC1900820071.exe /sAll /rs /rps /msi /norestart /quiet EULA_ACCEPT=YES
Uninstall command: msiexec /x {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-AC0F074E4100} /q
Detection rule: File C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\

I got the installation file from Adobes own site - note that there is a specific file for distribution that differs from the standard installation file that you normally would download and install on a single PC.

@Hjorthen Yes, that works great.

When you download the enterprise version of Adobe (The latest version is AcroRdrDC2100520048_en_US.exe). Extract that to a temp folder (.\AcroRdrDC2100520048_en_US.exe -sfx_o”<path to extraction folder>” -sfx_ne).

Within that new folder are the setup.exe file and a setup.ini which contains the patch line (the msp file). You then use the IntuneWinAppUtil.exe to create an intunewin file. Set setup.exe as the setup file and when creating the win32app in MEM, use the install command in Intune as below: setup.exe /sAll /rs /rps /msi /norestart /quiet EULA_ACCEPT=YES

I had issues with deploying Adobe products a while back. I noticed that the application required some MSI switches that I had never seen before. I think it was sys language and source folder (not seen these before) Also this isnt an issue if you run the installer as administrator or system since it will use some default values then.. :thinking_face:
The last time I needed to install Adobe Reader, I used Winget. Worked like a charm

@lrivar 

Can you please forward me the working solution for Adobe Acrobat DC deployment with Endpoint Manager/Intune.

I have tried with my solution and it works on some machines and others I get this error after installation fails:

Fatal error during installation (0x80070643)
Please advise why I am getting this error?
Thanks,
Sunny

@lrivar Hi I'm very much interested in how to get this done, I've actually given it a go, packaged and uploaded but it's deploying successfully. :( 

@BlackSheep_13and everyone.

1. Download the acrobat exe.
  2. Use 7zip to extract all files from the exe and copy and paste in a folder
  3. download and install the adobe acrobat customization wizard, choose your options,  and create a mst file.
  4. create an intunewin file using setup.exe as the install file
  5. build a win32 app in intune:
    1. App information - fill out and add the icon
    2. Program:
      1. install setup.exe /sAll
      2. figure out the uninstall later
    3. detection method:
      1. file - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\
      2. look for acrobat.exe

I typically deploy this as an available app to the adobe pro users security group.  that same group is excluded from reader.  (It is well over a gig and I don't want it delaying autopilot. ) 

Interesting issue I found yesterday was that if I make windows store adobe reader a required uninstall, it was removing this app.  Probably how I found this thread.