SOLVED

Able to configure email settings in Outlook for Android is gone/missing?

Copper Contributor

App configuration:

Enrollment type: Managed devices

Platform: Android Enterprise

Profile Type: Work Profile and Device Owner Profile

Targeted app: Microsoft Outlook: Organize Your Email & Calendar

Rakibrahman_0-1591797386689.png

It should be more like this, like it is for iOS:

6 Replies

@Rakibrahman  The configure email settings are still available if you use Enrollment type: Managed apps.

The documentation clearly states you should use Managed devices. So something is wrong when it is missing on Android and still present on iOS.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/clients-and-mobile-in-exchange-online/outlook-for-ios-and-...

@Rakibrahman  If you are also targeting users with an app protection policy, the behaviour may be affected by this setting.

"Note: If an App Protection Policy is targeted to the users, the recommendation is to deploy the general app configuration settings in a Managed Apps device enrollment model instead of using Managed devices. This ensures the App Configuration Policy is deployed to both enrolled devices and unenrolled devices."

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/clients-and-mobile-in-exchange-online/outlook-for-ios-and-...

@eglockling 

Thanks for taking the time to help. I just can't see where I can configure e-mail settings here:

Email server, username, modern auth and so on. We want our users to use Outlook and not gmail/nine that you can configure from configuration profiles.

Rakibrahman_0-1591820996794.png

@Rakibrahman 

I am also experiencing this issue. I don't think the MAM will work. There is a lot of contradictory information within the Documentation. One thing is clear though, account setup is only available through enrolled devices (Managed Devices Application Config Policy)

CarlosHrndz_0-1591980985394.png

Outlook in the managed play stored seems to be missing support for managed configuration. Here is what Teams looks like:

CarlosHrndz_1-1591981245094.png

And here is outlook

CarlosHrndz_2-1591981278528.png

best response confirmed by Rakibrahman (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@CarlosHrndz 

And it is back again. 

Rakibrahman_0-1592265367164.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rakibrahman (Copper Contributor)