Some sessions are unable to be booked

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

For instance https://myignite.techcommunity.microsoft.com/sessions/66651?source=sessions the system keeps telling me it overlaps but even after I clear the timeslot (which I might add I have sessions that overlap everywhere else) it still won't add to my schedule.

5 Replies
Highlighted
(You may already know this) This is a technical issue, but does not stop you from going to any session you want.
Highlighted
Yup I get that, but if it’s not on my schedule it’ll be forgotten about. Too much going on at the conference to remember that one session that wouldn’t show up on my schedule ;)
Highlighted

Are you still experiencing this issue? Let me know which session you're trying to add and we'll investigate why it's happening and hopefully get it fixed asap!

Highlighted
@Shawn Vause please be advised that since Workshops are available on a reservation-based system we cannot allow for double-bookings at that time. If you have a workshop confirmed you will not be able to add another session at that time. This is to ensure you are committed to attending the workshop.
Highlighted

Not sure what the problem was but seems corrected now.  It wasn't a workshop overlap so kinda of strange.