Using Forms to Update Work Items in DevOps

Copper Contributor

How do you use Forms with Azure Devops to: 

1.link forms to a specific Azure Devop's project

2. create forms with specific information for ADO work items and with routine update questions and input fields for responses 

3. schedule sending out or creating the event to trigger sending out forms via email to the assigned persons of the workitem

4. automatically update the workitem information with responses when it is submitted 

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. 

4 Replies

@Brian1rob you will need to build a flow in Power Automate. I've never used Azure DevOps, but the triggers available for it are:

devOpsActions0.png

But you'll prbably be using each Forms submission as the trigger so the Azure DevOps actions available to you after that are:

devOpsActions1.png

devOpsActions2.png

You'll see that the connector is premium so there will no doubt be an additional cost to use these actions.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

I am looking to build a ticketing portal where requests can be submitted via Microsoft Forms, and thru Azure Logic Apps the ticket lifecycle will be managed in the Azure DevOps. I can understand the need to create a Azure service account for the Logic Apps to operate outside of my personal Azure account.
My question is, do I use the same Azure service account to create/manage the Microsoft Forms? Or because Forms is on Microsoft 365 it is in a different domain?
Appreciated.

@richardmak1009 hopefully someone can step in here to give you an answer as I'm not an Azure person at all. For our IT Support ticketing system I used Forms, Power Automate, SharePoint and Power Apps customised SharePoint forms and it's run really well for the last 4 years with over 20,000 tickets submitted and resolved. But I wouldn't know where to start with Azure Dev Ops.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.
Principal Consultant, SharePoint and Power Platform WSP Global (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@Rob_Elliott much appreciated your feedback.

If you wouldn't mind sharing .. 

1. Are you using an Azure service account (instead of your employee account) to develop and operate Power Automate?

2. For Forms, are you using the service account vs your employee account to develop and operate?

3. How is the Forms being hosted such that the entire employee base of the company can access and create the tickets?  I followed this URL's tutorial but it appears to be a personal setup instead of an enterprise setup.

Collecting Feedback in ADO work items from Office Forms-Azure Readiness Starts Here (007ffflearning....

Thanks again!