SOLVED

Using dynamic content as email to send email from Form response

Copper Contributor

Hi All

I've searched through the forum to see if this has been answered but can't seem to see it.

I'm trying to set up a Flow that allows me to Send an email to the email addresses I chose within the form. I am selecting dynamic content for one person to be sent and also two people to be CC'd in and their email address is typed as a response to each question on the form. Is this possible? I've tried but no email is getting sent on the test runs I am conducting. I've tried using an If function at first but realised it won't work as there are too many variables.

Thanks in advance

Regards

10 Replies
best response confirmed by pickledash (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@pickledash yes this is very straightforward and a simple example is shown below:

0-Form.png
1-Flow.png

I've used a shared mailbox as in my company we always use those instead of automated emails coming from an individual's email, but you could just as easily use the Send an email (v2) action. Make sure between the 2 cc addressees that you add a semi-colon:

2-Flow.png

And this is the result of the form in one of the cc addresses.

3-Emailcc.png

So if you are doing anything different to this, post a screenshot and we can have a look.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Hi Rob

Many thanks for the reply, I have managed to get it working! I'm sure what I have done different apart from the semi colon but it appears to have got it going.

There is one thing that is not working...I've tried to set it up so that the email comes from the person who has filled out the response. So I've put 'Responders' email' in the 'From (Send as) box but it doesn't work and only works when I fill in the response. I think the plan is to have it come from a shared group inbox in the future but for now I've thought of this as a workaround. Can this be done?

Regards

@pickledash no you can't do that, the send an email will always come from you if you use the Send an email (v2) action. If you use the Send as field in the action the person who has submitted the form needs permissions to send from your email. That's one of the reasons we always use a shared mailbox.

Rob
Los Gallardos

@RobElliott ahh ok I see. So a work around for now could be that I  grant everyone who will be filling out the form access to my outlook account and I will give them permission to send emails on my behalf? But then when the form is then emailed to whoever the email will come from the respondents email address? Sorry If I have misunderstood

@pickledash that workaround is a really bad idea and certainly at my company (65,000 staff) is not allowed without a very good reason. You are much better creating & using a shared mailbox.

Rob
Los Gallardos

@RobElliott Hi Rob, if I have access to a group inbox. Do you know how I would get the email that sends out the information from the Mircosoft Form to send from that group inbox instead of my own personal work email?

Regards

@pickledash you need to use the Send an email from a shared mailbox (v2) action in Power Automate. In the image below the email is sent from the reippsupport shared mailbox:

sharedMailbox.png

@RobElliott
Thanks for the help with the flow.

Would you know how to attach a specific sharepoint file to an email notification based on the form response? For example, In my form I have a question with 2 options, Level 1 and Level 2. I need to send a specifc PDF to the responders email depending on if they picked Level 1 or Level 2.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

@NebulaRoss use a switch action and in the "On" field select the question where the level is chosen. Then in each "case" add the actions to send the appropriate PDF.

Rob
Los Gallardos

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by pickledash (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@pickledash yes this is very straightforward and a simple example is shown below:

0-Form.png
1-Flow.png

I've used a shared mailbox as in my company we always use those instead of automated emails coming from an individual's email, but you could just as easily use the Send an email (v2) action. Make sure between the 2 cc addressees that you add a semi-colon:

2-Flow.png

And this is the result of the form in one of the cc addresses.

3-Emailcc.png

So if you are doing anything different to this, post a screenshot and we can have a look.

Rob
Los Gallardos

View solution in original post