Users are not seeing Likert question response options in Microsoft Forms

Copper Contributor

A handful of users have had on/off ability to view the Likert question type response options on one of our forms. The rest of the questions on the survey shows up normally, but the row of Likert response options and their associated radio buttons do not appear. Users have had on/off success with closing out the browser and re-opening the form. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any insight into what's causing this to happen? 

Microsoft Forms-Likert Question not showing.png

14 Replies

Same issue.Skärmklipp3.PNG

Original

Skärmklipp4.PNG

The error disappears temporarily if I change something in the form, such as deleting a letter or paragraph in any text. But after a while, the problem returns...

I have exactly the same issue. I can see the radio buttons on the form I have created, but whenever I send the link to anyone else, irrespective of their browser, the buttons do not appear.

I also have the same problem - Likert buttons are not appearing when the form is sent out though I can see them in the preview. It is also now not collating the responses to view.
Yes I also have the same issues. It seemed intermittent for this problem
I have just experienced the very same issue as has been mentioned in this thread. I couldn't see anything in the settings that could affect it but suddenly a few people who didn't see the vote options now see them...

@Steve Brown When I randomly change something in the document, it may be a dot or a comma, it will work again. But only for a short period. Do not know what causes the problem to come back, maybe after someone has answered the form...?

I have not had problems with smaller forms so far, but the form I have problems with now is large and is on the max limit for questions.

I've encountered this as well in the first survey I created using the likert question type. It's a small survey with about 7 questions (2 likert with 4/5 subquestions, 1 multiple choice and 4 free text). I've tried editing the survey and that seems to help.

Thanks for the tip! Since our use case had a 1-week response window, I ended up cloning the form and sent a link to the new form to anyone who reported problems seeing the Likert question options. I also added a link on the original form, so that edit in itself may have been enough to solve the issue for some.
Thanks, Sue. Not sure if you've seen the other responses on this form. In my case, I ended up cloning the form as-is and sending a the new link out to users who encountered problems seeing the buttons. Haven't heard any issues about the new form, so my guess is that the issue comes from the form having been edited.
Hi Katherine. Not sure if you've seen the other responses on this form. In my case, I ended up cloning the form as-is and sending a the new link out to users who encountered problems seeing the buttons. Haven't heard any issues about the new form, so my guess is that the issue comes from the form having been edited.
Thanks, Li. Not sure if you've seen the other responses on this form. In my case, I ended up cloning the form as-is and sending a the new link out to users who encountered problems seeing the buttons. Haven't heard any issues about the new form, so my guess is that the issue comes from the form having been edited.
Thanks, Steve. Not sure if you're notified on responses in threads after posting, so apologies if this is a repeat. In my case, I ended up cloning the form as-is and sending a the new link out to users who encountered problems seeing the buttons. Haven't heard any issues about the new form, so my guess is that the issue comes from the form having been edited.